UTMB 2020-2021

22 hours ago, Aaisha said:

I interviewed in September and I haven't heard anything back yet and I'm starting to get disheartened LOL. Also did anyone send thank you emails to the faculty members that interviewed you?

I'm in the same boat as you, but I remember they mentioned waitlist coming out later. And yes, I also did send thank you emails. Let's hope for the best!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NSoeharto said:

Hello! I interviewed on 10/16 and heard back! I'm a high GPA/low PCE applicant.

• CASPA submitted 6/24
  • Supplemental Application Fee received 7/6
  • Under review 7/20
  • Interview invite 9/22
  • Accepted 10/22

Thanks for the reply and congrats! Did your My Star status change and did they email or call?

1 hour ago, tx808 said:

Thanks for the reply and congrats! Did your My Star status change and did they email or call?

Thank you! They email you, and yes, MyStar status changes to "Admit" and you can then go through the process of accepting and paying your deposit. 

I paid my deposit using Safari on a Mac, and it seemed to have worked even though the instructions say to use Firefox on a PC. Was this the case for anyone else?

4 hours ago, futurepa2023 said:

Someone mentioned that they send out more acceptances in November after they finish interviewing everyone. Anyone know if that's correct?

Given last year's forum timeline, they interviewed applicants from 9/27 to 11/8 and started sending out waitlist/rejection emails first week of December and started pulling people off waitlist mid-December dependent on open spots

On 10/8/2020 at 8:48 PM, tarynnoelle said:

Hey guys! I am also a PA-S1 at UTMB. I just wanted to give yall a little hope and hopefully help you destress a little. Last year, at this time, I had ZERO interview invites and had actually already received two rejections. I received my interview invite from UTMB on October 21, interviewed on November 8, and was accepted the next week. Also, many students in our program were accepted off the waitlist between January-June. So, my point is, do not freak out! I don't know if their timeline with interviews will be exactly the same this year as it was last year, but there's still time! I am also available to answer questions if you guys need anything! 

Thank you so much for sharing this. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 6:56 PM, futurepa2023 said:

It seems as if the last interview day was last friday. Anyone know when they will be sending out waitlist invites/rejections?

Looks like last year people got waitlist emails first week of December and rejections came a week or two after for some people.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, whatsPAppin said:

Just received the waitlist email from 10/23 interview!

Best of luck y'all 🙂

Congrats! I got the same from 10/16 interview. No idea how much movement there is and not knowing my spot is a killer but fingers crossed! 

Edited by tx808

Just received my rejection email. Super bummed, I really thought my application was very solid.
I got verified on 6/9
GRE scores 154 and 153
I had thousands of hours in Patient care, healthcare, shadowing and research experience.
GPA of 3.49 in a Degree in Medicine from Mexico
PA-CAT Composite 534 - 2nd quintile
4 published papers in indexed journals
4 evaluation letters from MDs.

I guess it had to do with the fact that I'm foreign, which is very sad.
Anyway, good luck everyone and congrats to the ones who got in.

Edited by AbrilSantos

Hi all!

Congrats to all who have received interviews, acceptances and even waitlists emails🤩!

I received communication from the program for the first time in several months and it was to let me know that they cannot offer me an acceptance (I did not interview). However, the cycle continues on for many other programs and so does my hope!! 

Stay warm out there and keep on keepin on everyone 🙏

• Like 3