UTRGV 2020/2021 APPLICATION CYCLE

57 minutes ago, rrr2020 said:

Nothing at all. It's bizarre. Are they planning on not admitting a class for the 2021 school year or what??

I dont think they would decline an incoming class. No matter how wholesome a program seems, at the end, they want that $ to upkeep its facilities and faculty. Especially, a cohort of graduate students where most $ is made 

• Like 1

Is it possible they waited to view all of the applicant pool because of the pandemic? They’re probably trying to be fair which is awesome. Personally, I encountered several delays and wasn’t able to submit my application sooner because of everything that’s been going on... 

Edited by PAgoals20

20 hours ago, CynthiaG said:

Is it possible they waited to view all of the applicant pool because of the pandemic? They’re probably trying to be fair which is awesome. Personally, I encountered a ton of delays and wasn’t able to submit my application sooner because of everything that’s been going on. 

It seems that would defeat the whole "rolling enrollment" thing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rrr2020 said:

I agree; there seems to be a lot of uncertainty recently in regards to when interviews will be happening. I'm definitely trying to be understanding in these difficult times, but it's starting to get a little worrying that no one has heard back at all (even those of us who applied very early).

54 minutes ago, orchidlily12 said:

I agree; there seems to be a lot of uncertainty recently in regards to when interviews will be happening. I'm definitely trying to be understanding in these difficult times, but it's starting to get a little worrying that no one has heard back at all (even those of us who applied very early).

I think everything is fine. Almost all programs in California are beginning their review in December to interview in January. So some programs have a very late timeline. Unfortunately, we have to accept such a delayed timeline because each program could just review applications in March before cycle closes and then admit students in May. So anything will be better than the situation I described lol

Edited by Pa98173jd

11 hours ago, niquemack said:

In my self service it’s still saying that my GRE scores have not been received and I know they’re waiving it this cycle, but I already submitted them to CASPA. Does anyone know if I have to submit it to UTRGV as well? Has anyone heard anything else about interviews?

If they're in CASPA, then you're good to go. Last year I had to contact the graduate school directly because some of my transcripts were showing as "missing" even though I knew I had them sent. They had them but just had not updated the portal. The program pulls all your info from CASPA, so you should be fine. 

And no, no one has heard anything regarding interviews 😕 

On 9/18/2020 at 8:51 AM, rrr2020 said:

My apologies, I didn’t mean to come across as insensitive. Also, I understand where you’re coming from...! 

I hope we hear back from them soon, wishing everyone the best of luck.  

Edited by PAgoals20

4 hours ago, yasminekk said:

considering their program will start December of 2021 and their email said it will be a long time since we hear back from this, I think it's fair nobody's gotten an interview yet. They have a lot of time to do interviews, but a good portion of their applicants may already enroll in programs that start in May/June.

What do you mean their program will start December 2021? I thought it starts August 2021. 

On 9/26/2020 at 1:51 AM, yasminekk said:

considering their program will start December of 2021 and their email said it will be a long time since we hear back from this, I think it's fair nobody's gotten an interview yet. They have a lot of time to do interviews, but a good portion of their applicants may already enroll in programs that start in May/June.

I wasn’t aware classes would start on December , do you mind sharing more details about this?

Also, I agree with you, there’s still plenty of time. We also have to consider, on top of reviewing a ton of applications, they probably all have day jobs and lives which might of been affected by the pandemic. 

Someone recently shared with me that last year they received ~2,000 applications 😮. It’s probably more challenging to review and compare applications with a committee during these times. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they took at least another month or two before they began reaching out. I hope they’re all doing ok that’s for sure. 

Edited by PAgoals20

24 minutes ago, PAgoals20 said:

Dude... that’s what I thought too.  Has anyone else heard of classes starting on December? 

I tried finding their start date but couldn't, for some reason classes starting in December doesn't seem right.

Edit, just looked on CASPA for UTRGV it says "Start Term 2021 Fall". 

Edited by whatsPAppin
  • Like 2