UTRGV 2020/2021 APPLICATION CYCLE

Just got an email yesterday where it essentially states: Your file will now be processed further for interview consideration.  A panel of admissions committee members and/or program faculty will be reviewing your file further to determine if you will be invited for an interview. 
has anyone else received this?

4 hours ago, rbc338 said:

Just got an email yesterday where it essentially states: Your file will now be processed further for interview consideration.  A panel of admissions committee members and/or program faculty will be reviewing your file further to determine if you will be invited for an interview. 

I did! I received it yesterday also.

5 hours ago, rbc338 said:

Yep. Got that email yesterday

11 hours ago, chotiboti said:

did you all submit your gre scores? I know it's being waived this cycle but was wondering if I should go ahead and submit since it's showing up as "not received" on my self service account?

I did, but only because I thought my GRE score was very good and would augment my application. If you got a score that was around average, maybe it would be a good idea to consider not submitting it if you wanted to save a few bucks, but ultimately you should do what you think is best for your application!

• Like 1

I submitted 06/30 and was verified 07/07. Self Service Center site still states that my CASPA application has not been recieved. I have tried emailing UTRGV twice with no reply.  Not sure if this is a common delay.

I just checked and my CASPA application also doesn’t show up on their self service center!! I submitted on 6/24 and was verified 7/2. I just emailed them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, PrePAdiana said:

I just checked and my CASPA application also doesn’t show up on their self service center!! I submitted on 6/24 and was verified 7/2. I just emailed them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same thing happened to me and I spoke to someone from the Graduate College. They personally have someone verify your CASPA so it takes a while to show up on the Self Service Center. Mine took about 3 weeks. Hope that helps! 🙂 

41 minutes ago, epicchecklist said:

Best of luck to everyone! I hear that the GRE is being waived this cycle, but I can't find any confirmation of that. Can someone direct me? 

Yes, the GRE is being waived this cycle. They have it posted on the website (took me a bit to find it). This was also mentioned during UTRGV’s information session that took place in June. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sloz2197 said:

Does any one have a clue when we might hear back regarding interviews?

Purely based off of looking at old threads, it looks like people who applied around very early July/late June were notified that they were getting an interview in late August and most of the interviews were to be held in late September. It's entirely possible that COVID-19 may have impacted this schedule, but if you applied around early July, you could probably expect to start hearing back about interviews around late August! 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, orchidlily12 said:

Purely based off of looking at old threads, it looks like people who applied around very early July/late June were notified that they were getting an interview in late August and most of the interviews were to be held in late September. It's entirely possible that COVID-19 may have impacted this schedule, but if you applied around early July, you could probably expect to start hearing back about interviews around late August! 🙂

Thank you so much for your response! :) 

• Like 1