UTRGV 2020/2021 APPLICATION CYCLE

10 minutes ago, kkarasek said:

Is anyone from the Coastal Bend area? I received an email from Frank Ambriz on September 22nd stating

"We will next be conducting interviews via Zoom starting at the end of the month." 

He said that's when they will begin conducting interviews? or did he mean sending out invites... as far as i'm aware it seems that no one has even gotten those yet!

•  

I haven’t heard anything either. Oddly enough this makes me like the program more? Looking at the whole applicant rather than just the numbers is much more time consuming. 

Anyways, I’m hopeful that’s the case. I’ve never met the admissions board other than at the June 13th virtual information session but overall I got good vibes from these people. 

Stay strong and stay hopeful everyone, before we know it interview invites will be here. 

Edited by PAgoals20
  • Like 3

I just received an email that says this 

"Dear Kendall,
Thank you for your interest in the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Physician Assistant Program. We have completed the first review of your file.  You have met all of the prerequisite requirements.

If you have any pending or "in progress" coursework, it must be completed before enrollment. It, therefore, means that at the time of entry into our PA Program, you must, at a minimum, have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college. Your file will now be processed further for interview consideration.  A panel of admissions committee members and/or program faculty will be reviewing your file further to determine if you will be invited for an interview. You do not need to take any further action at this time. You will be notified by email if we have questions for you or if you are selected. 

Virtual Interviews
The interview will most likely be a Live Virtual Interview, which uses video conference technology to connect you with an interviewer or interview panel in real-time."

Edited by kkarasek
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, kkarasek said:

"Dear Kendall,
Thank you for your interest in the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Physician Assistant Program. We have completed the first review of your file.  You have met all of the prerequisite requirements.

If you have any pending or "in progress" coursework, it must be completed before enrollment. It, therefore, means that at the time of entry into our PA Program, you must, at a minimum, have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college. Your file will now be processed further for interview consideration.  A panel of admissions committee members and/or program faculty will be reviewing your file further to determine if you will be invited for an interview. You do not need to take any further action at this time. You will be notified by email if we have questions for you or if you are selected. 

Virtual Interviews
The interview will most likely be a Live Virtual Interview, which uses video conference technology to connect you with an interviewer or interview panel in real-time."

Yeah I got that on 7/15, haven’t heard anything since

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, rbc338 said:

Yeah I got that on 7/15, haven’t heard anything since

I am frustrated because I keep getting emails from different people at UTRGV saying all kinds of different things!! Some say interviews were supposed to be sent out at the end of September, then they said beginning of October, etc.

50 minutes ago, kkarasek said:

"Dear Kendall,

Virtual Interviews

This is wonderful news Kendall! I haven’t gotten anything 😕. I’m praying I get the same e-mail! Regardless, I’m happy for you stranger. Wishing you a wonderful evening, and thanks for sharing. The ball is rolling people 

1 hour ago, kkarasek said:

"Dear Kendall,

Virtual Interviews

Quick question, when you log into the self service center what is the status of your application? Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this! 

16 hours ago, PAgoals20 said:

Quick question, when you log into the self service center what is the status of your application? Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this! 

"APPLIED - UNDER REVIEW BY PROGRAM"

It will likely stay at this status until next Fall unless you were formally accepted and confirmed your acceptance. I was rejected last cycle and it was changed to "DECISION MADE" in early September when the program had already begun. It was showing as "applied - under review by program" even well after I was emailed a rejection. 

• Like 2