UTRGV 2020/2021 APPLICATION CYCLE

I would love to hear from current UTRGV PA students!

1) What is your favorite part of attending UTRGV? / Why did you choose to attend UTRGV? 

2) What resources are available for students to succeed while in PA school? (office hours, tutoring sessions, cadaver lab, student organizations, etc) 

3) What is the student culture like at UTRGV? 

Thank you so much in advance! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nickycole said:

Can I ask the stats of people who are getting interview invitations? 

3.67 cumulative 

3.73 science

1721 PCE as inpatient therapy tech

2600 HCE as medical record assistant at law firm

150 volunteer hours

8 hours shadowing OR physician

1 professor, 2 coworkers/supervisor, 1 electro physician 

Hey guys - 

So just like last year, they've asked us not to give out information regarding the interview process to protect the integrity of their program and the way that they conduct the interviews, which I totally respect as those of us who were the first group to interview had no idea what to expect. 

I can say the following: it will be over zoom, just as you were notified in your invitation email. They are very proficient at zoom so if you're worried about that process, don't be. It will be fine. You will get an email a day or two before with a link and a schedule. Prepare like you would for any other interview. 

Hope that helps. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, NepgearxUniVII said:

So ive heard back from all other schools ive applied to and have either interviewed with them or received rejection emails by now.. will they do anymore interviews after this round? I have not heard a peep out of UTRGV...

They’re doing interviews until December. 

Edited by Abbyasanchez

Got my interview invite last night at 11:30! 

Verified 7/20

GPA 3.59

Science GPA 3.52

Worked as a MA/clinic and surgical coordinator the last 2 years

Total healthcare and PCE = 2425 hours (I've gotten more since submitting, but haven't reported it)

PA shadowing = 272 hours

Volunteering = 155 hours

Rec letters: 1) Ortho surgeon(boss); 2) clinic manager; 3) PA/Coworker

Hope this helps!

14 hours ago, PAhopes20 said:

What did the verification email state? Was it the one that stated that "you met all pre req requirements"?

I was verified in CASPA on May 20th, but yes, I eventually received an email months later from UTRGV that said I met all requirements and that it would now be reviewed by the committee, etc.

17 hours ago, HopefulPAC2021 said:

Super random question.. what was your background during the interview? Would it be okay if we did it in our bedroom with our bed in the background? And what did you all wear?

All of the interviewees were in their home, whether a bedroom or even a dining room. From what I could tell, it was only the faculty that used the zoom features to change their backgrounds. I'm assuming it would be OK for you to do that as well, but sometimes those backgrounds are weird and finicky. I, myself, was in my bedroom. I set up an area with a comfortable chair and made sure my background wasn't busy or distracting. Dress as you would for an in person interview. 

1 hour ago, rrr2020 said:

All of the interviewees were in their home, whether a bedroom or even a dining room. From what I could tell, it was only the faculty that used the zoom features to change their backgrounds. I'm assuming it would be OK for you to do that as well, but sometimes those backgrounds are weird and finicky. I, myself, was in my bedroom. I set up an area with a comfortable chair and made sure my background wasn't busy or distracting. Dress as you would for an in person interview. 

Thank you so much for responding!

• Like 1