2020-2021 Cycle

12 hours ago, chichiprepa said:

I don't want to get too deep into my stats yet, but I can tell you that my cGPA was <3.8 and I was invited to interview. Hopefully that gives some of you hope! 🙂 I feel truly honored to be in the group of interviewees, even if I am not accepted. Wishing everyone the best.

same with me! don't lose hope

• Like 2

17 hours ago, KaiteKakes said:

Congrats everyone! 🙂 Moral of the story is, if you don't have >3.8 cGPA, your chances are slim. Myself included. 🤷‍♀️

I wouldn’t say that your chances are slim based solely on the values of your cGPA! The website indicates the average cGPA for the middle 50% of students accepted into the class of 2021 ranges from 3.51-3.85 so there is still hope.😊

On 9/14/2020 at 1:34 PM, KaiteKakes said:

Congrats everyone! 🙂 Moral of the story is, if you don't have >3.8 cGPA, your chances are slim. Myself included. 🤷‍♀️

Just FYI, my cGPA is a 3.72 and my sGPA is a 3.73! So don’t count yourself out of the game before halftime! 

7 hours ago, lg215 said:

Congrats on the interview! Do you mind sharing when you submitted CASPA and your supplemental? 

Thank you 😊 

My CASPA was verified 6/13 and supplemental submitted 6/15! 

On 10/3/2020 at 10:32 PM, singerdancer said:

I was also wondering this! Let me know if you hear anything about it 

On 9/27/2020 at 10:08 AM, Whitecoat2 said:

Does anyone have any idea how many interview dates Duke is holding?

Based on last year, they had four rounds of interviews that seemed to end right before the holidays (mid Nov). Each round consisted of 3 interview days back to back with ~20 interviewees each day. Seems like the first round is happening right now (Oct 6,7,8) and hopefully invites for the the second round go out soon for some time in late October! 

Edited by BeachBum7
  • Like 8

Hey everyone. I submitted my CASPA on 6/8 and it was verified on 6/12. On 6/12 I also received an email from duke with a link to complete the supplemental application. I submitted within a few days, and on 9/11 I received an interview invite. I interviewed on 10/6. Interviews were done via zoom, and I had 2 one-on-one interviews and a group exercise. Feel free to ask me any questions about the process! It was an awesome experience!

Overall GPA: 3.51

Science GPA: 3.39

patient care hours: 8000+

Edited by jhalt
left out information
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, jhalt said:

Hey everyone. I submitted my CASPA on 6/8 and it was verified on 6/12. On 6/12 I also received an email from duke with a link to complete the supplemental application. I submitted within a few days, and on 9/11 I received an interview invite. I interviewed on 10/6. Interviews were done via zoom, and I had 2 one-on-one interviews and a group exercise. Feel free to ask me any questions about the process! It was an awesome experience!

Overall GPA: 3.51

Science GPA: 3.39

patient care hours: 8000+

Hi! Congrats on the interview 😊 How long were the two individual interviews and did you find out who you were interviewing with in advance? Also, approx how many people were with you during the group part? Im assuming it was everyone that interviewed that day so I am just trying to gauge how many people they are interviewing in a day! Good luck and hope you hear good news!! 

• Like 1

Interview invite for Nov 11!!!!!! This is my dream school and I was starting to lose hope, so I am beyond thrilled!!! If you are feeling discouraged, don’t lose hope! So excited to see some of you there! Keep up the good work everyone. I submitted CASPA June 1 FYI and the supplement around the beginning of July. 

Edited by ericap
  • Like 2