2020-2021 Cycle

Guest wildalaska

Just got my rejection email... hadn’t heard anything since applying mid-May. To be honest, not entirely surprised to be rejected from the #1 ranked program in the nation haha!

Good luck everyone and congratulations to those accepted!

Just now, wildalaska said:

Just got my rejection email... hadn’t heard anything since applying mid-May. To be honest, not entirely surprised to be rejected from the #1 ranked program in the nation haha!

Good luck everyone and congratulations to those accepted!

Also just received a denial. Bummed but not surprised. Good luck to you all and congratulations 😊

21 hours ago, futurepa764 said:

Just got an interview! Can’t believe it. For those that have interviewed, any tips? What is the vibe essentially? Super intense to match the prestige or are they relaxed and trying to get to know the real you?

Congrats on the interview! Duke is an amazing program but honestly wasn't one of my top choices until the interview. I received a few acceptances including one of my top choices but I'm still hoping to get pulled from the waitlist for Duke because it was my favorite interview by far. My interview was a lot more relaxed than I expected and Duke definitely felt like the best fit for me after the interview. Best tip is easier said than done but just relax and don't let the prestige of Duke get into your head since they already liked your enough on paper to offer an interview.

• Like 2

I just received an acceptance email after being placed on the waitlist following my interview on 11/12!! I’m in total shock.. I’m a first generation student that survived high school by sleeping on the couches of various friends and sneaking extra food from the lunch line.. and I was just accepted to the number one PA program in the United States. I cannot believe this is finally happening for me..

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Just got an interview invite today as well! I do think it's for an actual spot in the class. I interviewed last year, and was waitlisted (obviously never got off haha, hoping for a better round this year!), but that's how all the sessions were last year - for actual spots (and of course you could get waitlisted or rejected as well). I'm also going by the fact there were 4 sessions last year, and this January one would be the 4th (and I'm assuming final) session.

My date is Jan 12th, and I selected the morning slot. I look forward to meeting y'all virtually, and best of luck to everyone!

• Like 1

I just got an acceptance email. I am in complete shock but so incredibly grateful! I am far from the "perfect" candidate, it just goes to show Duke really does care about more than your GPA or GRE. Rooting for everyone interviewing in January and can't wait to meet the rest of the 2023 class!  

Edited by koflerk
  • Like 4

On 12/16/2020 at 1:14 PM, Rabs8 said:

Just got an interview invite today as well! I do think it's for an actual spot in the class. I interviewed last year, and was waitlisted (obviously never got off haha, hoping for a better round this year!), but that's how all the sessions were last year - for actual spots (and of course you could get waitlisted or rejected as well). I'm also going by the fact there were 4 sessions last year, and this January one would be the 4th (and I'm assuming final) session.

My date is Jan 12th, and I selected the morning slot. I look forward to meeting y'all virtually, and best of luck to everyone!

Hi! I was wondering if you had some insight of how the waitlist is for duke since you were waitlisted last year? I am currently waitlisted(since the first round of interviews and I am really interested in attending this school)! P.S. Goodluck on your interview!! 🙂 

On 12/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, Cat12 said:

Hi! I was wondering if you had some insight of how the waitlist is for duke since you were waitlisted last year? I am currently waitlisted(since the first round of interviews and I am really interested in attending this school)! P.S. Goodluck on your interview!! 🙂 

Hi! So last year there were 4 interview sessions like this year, and in total, they build a waitlist of ~150 (don't quote me on that, but I know it's a big waitlist / that sticks in my head). They will pull people off the waitlist in between interview sessions. I was in interview group 2 last year, waitlisted a week after, and then found out my official rank in Feb. I do not think it will be Feb this year given interviews ended in Nov / Dec last year. I was #49 and never got off (and didn't expect it, I laughed / cried that day). They kept me on the waitlist until August 12th and then I got my official rejection.

Hope that helps!

17 hours ago, SK203 said:

Did anyone get a confirmation email after scheduling their interview time slot?

Yep! Did the link on Tuesday when I got the email (like immediately lol) and got the conformation yesterday around 4:30pm.

Edited by Rabs8

10 hours ago, Rabs8 said:

Hi! So last year there were 4 interview sessions like this year, and in total, they build a waitlist of ~150 (don't quote me on that, but I know it's a big waitlist / that sticks in my head). They will pull people off the waitlist in between interview sessions. I was in interview group 2 last year, waitlisted a week after, and then found out my official rank in Feb. I do not think it will be Feb this year given interviews ended in Nov / Dec last year. I was #49 and never got off (and didn't expect it, I laughed / cried that day). They kept me on the waitlist until August 12th and then I got my official rejection.

Hope that helps!

Yep! Did the link on Tuesday when I got the email (like immediately lol) and got the conformation yesterday around 4:30pm.

Oh wow I did not know the waitlist was so long. I defiantly lost some hope reading this but I am really appreciative of you responding! I wish you the best of luck on the interview!! 🙂

On 12/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, Cat12 said:

Hi. Cat12! I was originally waitlisted after the second round of interviews! I received an acceptance offer last week (I believe my offer was sent out at the same time decisions from the third round of interview were sent out) so don’t lose hope!! From firsthand experience, they are pulling individuals off of the waitlist along the way. Stay positive😊

Edited by sawood
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 1:33 PM, Gowmar said:

I’m not certain of this by any means, but I don’t think the waitlist is 150 applicants long! According to their website, they interview 250 applicants. I cannot remember if it was in the information they sent out, an information session, or exactly where, but from my understanding they accept, waitlist, and decline an equal number of applicants from each interview, meaning around a third of those interviewed would be waitlisted, ~83 across all interviews.

I think this makes sense because if 150 people were on the waitlist with a class of 90 matriculating that would mean basically everyone who interviews is accepted or waitlisted (which is possible but was not my understanding).

Again, I could be wrong! Either way, stay hopeful and I wish you the best of luck! 🙂 

That does make sense!! I hope you are right haha! I am really grateful that you took the time to respond after my post!! I hope you have a great holiday season!! 🙂 

On 12/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, sawood said:

Hi. Cat12! I was originally waitlisted after the second round of interviews! I received an acceptance offer last week (I believe it my offer was sent out at the same time decisions from the third round of interview were sent out) so don’t lose hope!! From firsthand experience, they are pulling individuals off of the waitlist along the way. Stay positive😊

Thank you @sawood for telling me your firsthand experience that definitely gave me a little bit more hope back haha! I really appreciate that you took the time to respond to my post!! I hope you have a great holiday season!! 🙂 

• Like 1