CASPA received/verified 6/10/2020

GRE scores sent 6/13/2020

GRE scores received 6/18/2020 

Supplemental submitted 6/19/2020

Entire app received & in queue for review 6/19/2020

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, QuestTibaPA said:

Hi! I had a question about the timeline. Duke says to submit the application to them and THEN take the GRE???? I'm confused and worried that they would mark it incomplete since I haven't taken it yet 😧 Can someone clarify?

After you submit your caspa application to duke you will get a link for the supplemental. You can work on completing the supplemental but you cannot submit it without your GRE scores. Until you submit your supplemental, your application will be incomplete and won’t be looked at. Hope this helps! 

19 hours ago, Lilithxp said:

After you submit your caspa application to duke you will get a link for the supplemental. You can work on completing the supplemental but you cannot submit it without your GRE scores. Until you submit your supplemental, your application will be incomplete and won’t be looked at. Hope this helps! 

Ohh I see. Thank you so much for the clarification !! This really helped.

Hey guys! For the supplemental application it says like “If your supplemental application status shows GRE scores not received, contact CASPA directly to link your scores with your Duke CASPA application.” mine still shows not received, but ETS said they received it today but I guess it still needs to sync. Should I wait till the scores appear in my application or submit it like that ? 

How much are you all wiring for the agreeable/disagreeable portions of PCE. 

Additionally, did anyone not change anything from your CASPA shadowing descriptions? It automatically populated my responses but I am not sure if they are looking for a different response than is written in CAPSA. Thank you in advance for your help!

Last question!

I volunteer at a medical clinic where I take vitals, check blood sugar, conduct patient intake etc. In CASPA, I put this as volunteer experience but in the Duke supplemental, it specifies to only put non-patient care volunteering. In your opinion, should I switch this to PCE?

13 minutes ago, Skylar said:

How much are you all wiring for the agreeable/disagreeable portions of PCE. 

Additionally, did anyone not change anything from your CASPA shadowing descriptions? It automatically populated my responses but I am not sure if they are looking for a different response than is written in CAPSA. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hey! I’m still working on the agreeable/disagreements portion but for the rest I am leaving it the same as in caspa. 

On 6/30/2020 at 11:49 AM, EricaDbeck said:

PA Shadowing

I'm trying to add the names of the people I shadowed but for some people I only shadowed them for a single day. However, when I add the names, it gives me an error for the start and end dates being the same day. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hey! The same happened to me when I was adding volunteering experiences. I don’t know if it’s right, but for the end date I put the following day of the experience. It’s the only why I was able to do it. But obviously kept the hours the same. 

• Upvote 2

Finally submitted my supplemental application! I dragged my feet a bit after my initial application.

Applied 6/4/20

Verified 6/9/20

Confirmation of CASPA receipt: 6/9/20

Confirmation of GRE score receipt: 6/9/20

Supplemental Application Submitted: 7/2/20

Application complete confirmation: 7/2/20

On 7/1/2020 at 12:07 PM, MFVC8 said:

Hey guys! For the supplemental application it says like “If your supplemental application status shows GRE scores not received, contact CASPA directly to link your scores with your Duke CASPA application.” mine still shows not received, but ETS said they received it today but I guess it still needs to sync. Should I wait till the scores appear in my application or submit it like that ? 

It wont let you submit your supplemental application until the GRE scores are received. I've been having the same issue but I only sent my GRE scores on 6/26 so im going to give a few more days. 

On 7/3/2020 at 12:22 AM, hopefulcaliPA24 said:

It wont let you submit your supplemental application until the GRE scores are received. I've been having the same issue but I only sent my GRE scores on 6/26 so im going to give a few more days. 

I was having the same issue ETS said my GRE scores were sent July 1st and it is still not showing up in CASPA. I called CASPA and they said 10-12 business days from when ETS posts it but it may take longer:/

44 minutes ago, Lnm1296 said:

I was having the same issue ETS said my GRE scores were sent July 1st and it is still not showing up in CASPA. I called CASPA and they said 10-12 business days from when ETS posts it but it may take longer:/

That's interesting. My GRE scores were sent from ETS on 6/24 and my official scores were accepted by CASPA on that same day. CASPA's help center says they should post to CASPA within 2-3 days, I wonder why they're telling you 10-12.

On 7/1/2020 at 4:15 PM, Skylar said:

I volunteer at a medical clinic where I take vitals, check blood sugar, conduct patient intake etc. In CASPA, I put this as volunteer experience but in the Duke supplemental, it specifies to only put non-patient care volunteering. In your opinion, should I switch this to PCE?

My understanding of the supplemental app is that if your volunteer work involves patient care, put it under the "Patient Care" tab. So you would decide where it should go based on the responsibilities, but volunteer experience can be listed as patient care if it meets the patient care criteria. This is just my understanding based on their instructions.

Regarding your other question about the agreeable/disagreeable responsibilities, I put 3-5 points about the agreeable and 1-2 points about disagreeable. 

Edited by LeeLee21

On 6/3/2020 at 3:05 PM, onedayordayone said:

I'm confused about the section asking about Paid NON-Patient jobs that you've had in the last 15 years. Do they really want to know about my serving jobs and student secretary position? They were not very profound so I'm not sure if I should leave this section blank.

What did you guys do?

Yes, part of what makes a strong candidate is their life experience outside of school and a healthcare setting. For example, If you worked in other jobs/industries, how did those experiences influence your decision to work in healthcare? How would those experiences/skills (leadership, professional development, technical, interpersonal, etc) translate into you being a more capable/competent PA?