2020-2021 Cycle

On 7/6/2020 at 11:04 AM, Lnm1296 said:

I was having the same issue ETS said my GRE scores were sent July 1st and it is still not showing up in CASPA. I called CASPA and they said 10-12 business days from when ETS posts it but it may take longer:/

Just to follow up on this, I had sent my GRE scores on 6/26 and ETS had reported them on 7/1. I had spoken to CASPA help center multiple times without any luck (constantly being told they would be posted in the next 24-48 hours). But finally today they had told me that they are having some sort of issue with matching GRE scores with applicants for all scores that were received after 7/1.  So im not sure if anyone else is having a similar issue but this was the response I got from CASPA. Its unfortunate that with all the money they receive from thousands of applicants every year, they can't fix a simple GRE matching issue for over a week. 

Edited by hopefulcaliPA24

6 hours ago, hopefulcaliPA24 said:

Just to follow up on this, I had sent my GRE scores on 6/26 and ETS had reported them on 7/1. I had spoken to CASPA help center multiple times without any luck (constantly being told they would be posted in the next 24-48 hours). But finally today they had told me that they are having some sort of issue with matching GRE scores with applicants for all scores that were received after 7/1.  So im not sure if anyone else is having a similar issue but this was the response I got from CASPA. Its unfortunate that with all the money i've spent on applications thus far, they can't fix a simple GRE matching issue for over a week. 

This is also happening to me, and I sent my scores on 6/26.

On 7/6/2020 at 2:52 PM, LeeLee21 said:

That's interesting. My GRE scores were sent from ETS on 6/24 and my official scores were accepted by CASPA on that same day. CASPA's help center says they should post to CASPA within 2-3 days, I wonder why they're telling you 10-12.

I think CASPA was having an issue on their end by other posts i was reading my scores finally showed up today!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 10:27 PM, PA2be16 said:

Quick supplemental question - for the gap in employment/education question, does a gap between undergrad and grad school count as a gap? Or are they looking for a gap in the middle of a degree? Thanks 🙂

I would say so yes. I am addressing my one year gap from graduating undergrad and applying to grad school.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:27 PM, PA2be16 said:

Quick supplemental question - for the gap in employment/education question, does a gap between undergrad and grad school count as a gap? Or are they looking for a gap in the middle of a degree? Thanks 🙂

Personally, I interpreted it as gaps in the middle of a degree. I cant remember the exact phrasing of the question but it sounded to me like they wanted to know of any abnormal spaces in employment or education, whereas a gap between your undergrad and grad school is not considered abnormal. Just my thoughts though. 

Does anyone know if Duke allows updates to your application via email as you finish classes or gain more PCE hours? The confirmation email said that you shouldn’t ask for status updates, but I didn’t see anything specifically regarding sending them grade/hour updates. I figured it would be a safer bet posting my question here first! Thanks!  🙂 

38 minutes ago, caelanshirey said:

Does anyone know if Duke allows updates to your application via email as you finish classes or gain more PCE hours? The confirmation email said that you shouldn’t ask for status updates, but I didn’t see anything specifically regarding sending them grade/hour updates. I figured it would be a safer bet posting my question here first! Thanks!  🙂 

You can send grade updates but the deadline for updates on PCE was July 1st.

this question is random but hoping someone knows. I have taken anatomy 1 w/lab in 2012 and got an A but I know for some schools they require it to be taken again. do we have to retake the lab as well or just the lecture and can you retake it/enroll at the same school even though you passed it the first time? 

4 hours ago, Talia12 said:

this question is random but hoping someone knows. I have taken anatomy 1 w/lab in 2012 and got an A but I know for some schools they require it to be taken again. do we have to retake the lab as well or just the lecture and can you retake it/enroll at the same school even though you passed it the first time? 

Huh? Do you mean after matriculation into a program or prior to application?

If you mean prior to application to a program, it would depend on the school. Some have a within ten years completion requirement, and some have a within 5 years requirement. So it would depend on what the Duke website says in the prerequisite coursework" section on their website. 

If you mean after application, then yes. As far as I know all programs require you to take graduate level A&P. 

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else  been getting emails from Duke further inquiring about their applications? This happened about 2 weeks ago and they emailed twice. I thought that this was interested because no other school has done that to me. Good luck! Remember we are all in this together as applications but hopefully also as future classmates! 

10 hours ago, Schnoopie said:

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else  been getting emails from Duke further inquiring about their applications? This happened about 2 weeks ago and they emailed twice. I thought that this was interested because no other school has done that to me. Good luck! Remember we are all in this together as applications but hopefully also as future classmates! 

What are they emailing about?

Guest mands

WOW there's so many applicants on this thread!!! I hope to hear some movement from the school soon 🙂 They really are the OG in the profession, so i'm excited to see what this next class looks like! 

On 8/12/2020 at 11:14 AM, KaiteKakes said:

After CASPA submission. But then you can't submit the supplemental until they receive your GRE. 

I thought so, and i've tried recovering my password multiple times with no luck 😕 I'll try reaching out then! Thank you! 

UPDATE: The emails went to my Spam folder, so definitely check if you're having a similar issue?

Edited by CharlesBSun

Hey guys! Im hoping someone can answer this question about the supplemental for me: 

Some of my classes (Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology) were four credit classes with a lab and the lab grade and lecture grade were combined and averaged to give one final grade. On the CASPA, these lab grades were listed as "Ungraded (U)". I tried to do the same on the supplemental application, but it wont allow this function--I have to put in a letter grade for the lab class. 

Did anyone else have a similar problem/how did you fix it? Im tempted to just delete the lab listing, but the instructions for the supplemental emphasize not to delete any classes imported from CASPA. 

Thanks for your help and good luck everyone!

2 hours ago, Gowmar said:

That's how my university was as well. Honestly, I deleted mine. I know it says to not delete anything but the entire class + lab is included in the other single listing so it seemed irrelevant. Plus some of my courses were automatically imported into categories that were 100% wrong (and thus required deletion to be added elsewhere) so I thought it would be ok to use my best judgment as long as all applicable courses were included. That's only my opinion though!

thank you! I was actually able to get in touch with someone from admissions. She said you can also leave the lab listing and put "0.00" for credits and "P" (pass) for the grade and it will accept the function if anyone else is having this problem!

• Like 1