University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

16 minutes ago, PA0698 said:

Hey congratulations on getting an II! I interviewed last year and was accepted into the program. I pulled out my old undergrad anatomy lecture manual (BYU). I ran through that during the 2 weeks before the interview so it was all fresh on my mind. I can honestly say out of 125 questions that I reviewed and had fresh on my mind about 50% of the specific questions! I wouldn't have known those answers without it, though I could have made educated guesses. I went through every single small detail. I really think that is the thing that got me into the program! I bombed a few of the MMIs but had a really strong score on the test. 

You can do this! I know almost everyone will tell you there is no way to really prepare for it, but my opinion is different. It is also motivating to know that the interview score difference between the #50 candidate (who gets accepted) and the #75(who doesnt get accepted) is only one or two points. Get all of the interview points you can. Best of luck to you! This is an amazing program and I still feel like I'm dreaming. I'm hoping to see you around campus at some point!

Thank you so much for all of this info!!! Insanely helpful! Tomorrow I am going and pulling all my A&P notes and books out and starting to study!!!! The U is a dream school and I want to do everything to make it happen! Thanks again for everything!!!! 

Just curious. In the interview invite emails you all received, was there a deadline to accept the invite? I still haven't gotten an email and don't expect to hear anything until Monday due to the weekend. But I am curious if there was a deadline because I don't want to wait too long and there was an error with sending the email to me or something. I don't want to miss the deadline to respond. (My type A/worrying personality is coming out!! haha)

1 minute ago, MedicineMom said:

Just curious. In the interview invite emails you all received, was there a deadline to accept the invite? I still haven't gotten an email and don't expect to hear anything until Monday due to the weekend. But I am curious if there was a deadline because I don't want to wait too long and there was an error with sending the email to me or something. I don't want to miss the deadline to respond. (My type A/worrying personality is coming out!! haha)

The deadline to confirm is 10/30. Good luck! I would send an email or call and just say that you are concerned that maybe there was an error since you are aware that emails have gone out.... nothing wrong with that. 

4 minutes ago, MedicineMom said:

I got a deadline to respond for October 20th 

2 minutes ago, HMcConney said:

The deadline to confirm is 10/30. Good luck! I would send an email or call and just say that you are concerned that maybe there was an error since you are aware that emails have gone out.... nothing wrong with that. 

1 minute ago, EmilyJean said:

I got a deadline to respond for October 20th 

Thanks you guys!! I will email them for sure.

Just now, Dbfullmer said:

I got my interview invite! I’m very excited!! It was my first round of applications and didn’t want to create many expectations as it’s very competitive but I’m excited! Congrats to all those who are also interviewing and for those who aren’t don’t give up! 

Congratulations!! When did you receive your email? 

Hey everyone! Just to reply to some people and their concerns over the anatomy/phys exam:

I would say that if you are going to focus your time on anything it should be on how you want to authentically present yourself and answer typical interview questions. The exam is only used as a tie breaker otherwise they don’t look at it so if you really shine and they love you, they don’t even worry about your exam score. I didn’t really study much besides a quick review a couple days before. Honestly with this zoom format, they’re not even really sure how to feasible make that work so again if you’re going to put time and effort into anything, I’d say just practice running through some questions in front of people. They like you this much on paper, now they want to know if the conversations they have with you show them that you fit with the mission behind UPAP. If you have any questions, definitely reach out to via the email!

- Current First Year Out-Of State Student

Edited by CJPAS
  • Like 3

On 10/16/2020 at 7:02 PM, LYang2020 said:

@pathgirl20 Sorry, just read up on your response to another post afterwards— did you end up getting accepted ? 🙂 Also, would you recommend for those waitlisted for an interview to select the earliest date of preference or should we be flexible and say no preference ? Thank you so much! 

Hello!  Yes!  I did get accepted, and I don't know that it matters about date of preference.  I believe the candidates are all chosen at or near the same time (doesn't matter if you are in the early dates or later dates for interviews).  The majority of the acceptances go out at the same time.  However, I do know that in the past they have offered early acceptance to one or two very select candidates immediately following interviews.  It all goes very quickly though.  I had my interview on a Thursday, and was notified of acceptance the following Monday.  Good luck!

• Like 3