2020-2021 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, Crschr said:

When you say the interview portion, do you mean there is another portion? 

I mean the scored part of the virtual interview is made up of MMI. There still is a virtual Emory presentation and Q&A that is in a group format, but supposedly the interaction with others and the current students is not scored.

• Like 1

Guest wildalaska
20 minutes ago, GlassesAir said:

Following! I got an “interview consideration” email 8/22. Seeing other posts, acceptance decisions aren’t until Nov? I have Emory as a top choice but what if I get accepted elsewhere sooner? What do others do? Just lose deposits? 

I put down a deposit for a program already and I still have interviews coming up for Emory and elsewhere. I’m prepared to just lose my deposit if I choose to go elsewhere!

Guest wildalaska

I'll never get over how awkward it is to stare at 25 other people in complete silence on Zoom while waiting around between interview segments LOL

Had a good time during the interview today, Allan gave us a lot of great information. Looking forward to hearing back, *hopefully* before November! Best of luck to everyone who has interviewed, interviewed today, or is interviewing soon!

2 hours ago, wildalaska said:

I'll never get over how awkward it is to stare at 25 other people in complete silence on Zoom while waiting around between interview segments LOL

Had a good time during the interview today, Allan gave us a lot of great information. Looking forward to hearing back, *hopefully* before November! Best of luck to everyone who has interviewed, interviewed today, or is interviewing soon!

That perfectly summarizes my interview too!

Good luck to everyone 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 11:15 AM, ptokki said:

Hello everyone! Just curious about what the format is like (if you are able to talk about it!)? Was it an all day thing, short, or took several hours?

thanks in advance! 

On 9/10/2020 at 11:44 AM, Crschr said:

Is anyone who has interviewed able to state if they were able to take notes during the MMI? Also, did they explain how many stations or scenarios would be presented? If you cannot say, I totally understand! 

I think that I can give you all a little bit more info without infringing on the program's interview format secrecy 🙂 I will not give specific details into the actual interview session as that is proprietary information, but you shouldn't have any trouble if you have looked into MMI format.

The applicants are split into three groups at different times of the day. This is so one group of applicants can do their student Q&A and get some other details about the program, while another group of students rotate through their interview stations. Their virtual meetings are done through Zoom, in which many schools will utilize "breakout rooms" for interviews, Q&A, etc. Imagine that the Zoom room itself is like an office building, while the breakout rooms are individual offices. After each group is done with their interviews and such, everyone will regroup together for some additional activities, financial aid info, virtual tour, etc. I will say that overall this process is more objective than subjective - being in the same sorority as your interviewer isn't going to get you any bonus points; having clear, detailed, but consice answers probably will. 

I want to say that this process lasted until about 4pm eastern regardless of which group you were assigned, but I could be wrong. The virtual campus tour was last on the agenda and I left early since I had already been on the virtual tour.

Much of this information is pulled from emails already sent from the school, but make note that you will get an email with this information (and more) prior to your interview. They try not to make you go in blind 🙂 

Best of luck!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On 9/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, wildalaska said:

Yes! Good luck to everyone! 

On 9/12/2020 at 4:09 AM, JayLyo said:

I think that I can give you all a little bit more info without infringing on the program's interview format secrecy 🙂 I will not give specific details into the actual interview session as that is proprietary information, but you shouldn't have any trouble if you have looked into MMI format.

The applicants are split into three groups at different times of the day. This is so one group of applicants can do their student Q&A and get some other details about the program, while another group of students rotate through their interview stations. Their virtual meetings are done through Zoom, in which many schools will utilize "breakout rooms" for interviews, Q&A, etc. Imagine that the Zoom room itself is like an office building, while the breakout rooms are individual offices. After each group is done with their interviews and such, everyone will regroup together for some additional activities, financial aid info, virtual tour, etc. I will say that overall this process is more objective than subjective - being in the same sorority as your interviewer isn't going to get you any bonus points; having clear, detailed, but consice answers probably will. 

I want to say that this process lasted until about 4pm eastern regardless of which group you were assigned, but I could be wrong. The virtual campus tour was last on the agenda and I left early since I had already been on the virtual tour.

Much of this information is pulled from emails already sent from the school, but make note that you will get an email with this information (and more) prior to your interview. They try not to make you go in blind 🙂 

Best of luck!

Just wanted to say thank you so much for the info! 🙂 Haven’t received an email yet but It is less nerve wracking now to know how the format will be. Thanks again for your help!

Hello everyone! 

Not sure if you guys would be able to answer this but I was just wondering, do you know if the interviews were closed application? Like did it seem like the interviewers had already looked at your application/essay? Or did they not know anything about what your application and it was just a fresh start? 

Also I read in past threads that Emory’s interviews were very relaxed and low stress! I know things are different this year with virtual interviews, but would you say that was the kind of vibe you got too? 

I’m just nervous lol I need to stop stressing 😂 but thanks in advance! 

59 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Has anyone gotten any indication of the number of interview invites sent out? Are they sticking with the x number of invites for x number of spots or increasing the number of invites due to the virtual nature of the interviews?

They are increasing interviews by about 40 per Alan platt during interview..well from 150ish to 190 ish

• Upvote 1

For people that interviewed, did you greet the MMI interviewers before answering your question, or did you just go straight to answering whatever question they provided? I’ve been watching practice MMI videos and I see people greeting before hand, but these are in person interviews of course. Not sure if they want us to go straight to answering the question because they would have our info before hand. Any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, atlien2008 said:

For people that interviewed, did you greet the MMI interviewers before answering your question, or did you just go straight to answering whatever question they provided? I’ve been watching practice MMI videos and I see people greeting before hand, but these are in person interviews of course. Not sure if they want us to go straight to answering the question because they would have our info before hand. Any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of mine gave a short greeting. I hadn't been sure initially if they would interact with me other than showing the prompt but that was my experience. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, ericap said:

Good luck to everyone else interviewing today! Feeling excited to finish off PA week with an interview at this amazing program. Best wishes to all and fingers crossed they all go smoothly! 

Thank you, you too! I know, I’ve been thinking about the convergence of PA week with this interview and it has me so excited for this afternoon. Looking forward to finally hopping on today with everyone else interviewing!

Hey everyone! Here's my timeline and some of my stats:

science GPA - 3.39

cumulative GPA - 3.51

GRE - 155Q, 154V, 4.0A (I also took my GRE this march so I sent my scores super early)

Patient care hours - 8000+ as an  civilian EMT and army medic

Submitted CASPA - 6/8

Verified CASPA - 6/12

Interview offer - 6/24

Interview - 8/29

During our information session, they said they would basically hold interviews till the first weekend in November and then send out all the acceptance letters in november. Can anyone verify that as being correct? Or am I misinformed?

1 minute ago, jhalt said:

Hey everyone! Here's my timeline and some of my stats:

science GPA - 3.39

cumulative GPA - 3.51

GRE - 155Q, 154V, 4.0A (I also took my GRE this march so I sent my scores super early)

Patient care hours - 8000+ as an  civilian EMT and army medic

Submitted CASPA - 6/8

Verified CASPA - 6/12

Interview offer - 6/24

Interview - 8/29

During our information session, they said they would basically hold interviews till the first weekend in November and then send out all the acceptance letters in november. Can anyone verify that as being correct? Or am I misinformed?

Yep. Wont be notified until November. I'm assuming the second week.

Edited by Kirby219