2020-2021 Application Cycle

Guest wildalaska

Just got an interview offer this morning!

Got my "application complete" email May 26th, interview offer May 28th.

cGPA: 3.11

sGPA: 3.54

GRE: 314

PCE: 8000+ hours as an Army medic, medical assistant, and endoscopy technician

Edited by wildalaska

2 minutes ago, Willlllllll said:

Congrats! Hopefully we get in person interviews and we can all meet!

I watched one of the older recorded zoom tour things and Alan said they were still planning in person interviews. I'm assuming with things opening up that that hasn't changed...hopefully.

• Like 2

Is this what the "application complete" email looks like? Or have I not received it yet?

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Emory University PA Program.  We have received your application from CASPA.  A completed application consists of:

Competitive applicants will be invited for personal interviews during September 2020 - October 2020.

We are delighted that you have chosen to apply to Emory and look forward to review of your application.  We wish you the very best in your pursuit of becoming a Physician Assistant."

2 minutes ago, amandaaa22 said:

Is this what the "application complete" email looks like? Or have I not received it yet?

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Emory University PA Program.  We have received your application from CASPA.  A completed application consists of:

Competitive applicants will be invited for personal interviews during September 2020 - October 2020.

We are delighted that you have chosen to apply to Emory and look forward to review of your application.  We wish you the very best in your pursuit of becoming a Physician Assistant."

No, I got a separate email stating that they received all of my application materials and that my application is currently being processed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, amandaaa22 said:

Good to know! I will contact them and see if they need anything else from me. Thanks!

They emailed me with what I was missing directly. Which I applied before my GRE reached them. Then when the GRE got there I got an email for completion the next day.

1 minute ago, TylerV said:

They emailed me with what I was missing directly. Which I applied before my GRE reached them. Then when the GRE got there I got an email for completion the next day.

According to CASPA they have everything 🤷‍♀️ So I'm thinking it was probably just overlooked. I emailed them just now asking to confirm that they have anything and expressing my excitement to hear back from the program once the application is under review! 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amandaaa22 said:

According to CASPA they have everything 🤷‍♀️ So I'm thinking it was probably just overlooked. I emailed them just now asking to confirm that they have anything and expressing my excitement to hear back from the program once the application is under review! 🙂

My complete email came about an hour after the email stating that they received my CASPA application. I'm sure it's on its way!

2 hours ago, Lilithxp said:

Got my interview invite this afternoon!!!!! Super excited as my stats are a bit below their average. Perhaps since I am an Emory University  Hospital employee that gave me some leeway? lol Good luck everyone!!!! 

Congratulations! I also work at EUh, so I hope it helps some. Would you mind sharing when your application was marked complete? 

19 minutes ago, TaythePA said:

Congratulations! I also work at EUh, so I hope it helps some. Would you mind sharing when your application was marked complete? 

I submitted my verified CASPA application 5/27

got email that they were missing my GRE scores on 5/27

Reached out to them yesterday (6/1) since my GRE scores were accepted in caspa but had not gotten a "complete" email

Received "complete" email same day 6/1

Received invitation for future interview today 6/2

Hope this helps! Good luck fellow coworker!! 

• Like 2

Guest wildalaska
3 hours ago, amandaaa22 said:

"Dear Applicant,

I got this email when I first submitted my CASPA application. I had paid the application fee, but I was still waiting on my GRE scores to be reflected as received by the program. Once they were received and reflected in CASPA, Emory sent me another email that said everything was complete and my application was under review, and I would hear back in 7-14 days. Then I got a third email just two days later with an interview invite. Very similar to @TylerV's experience, I sent my application in before ETS sent them my GRE scores, so everything just had to catch up.

Edited by wildalaska

On 6/2/2020 at 1:43 PM, amandaaa22 said:

"Dear Applicant,

I got this email 4 days ago, but I submitted my GRE scores and paid the supplemental fee before I even submitted CASPA. I still have one pending LOR (4 are complete), do you think that's the reason why I haven't gotten the "your application is being processed" email (even though Emory only requires 2 LOR)?

3 minutes ago, dyang1109 said:

I got this email 4 days ago, but I submitted my GRE scores and paid the supplemental fee before I even submitted CASPA. I still have one pending LOR (4 are complete), do you think that's the reason why I haven't gotten the "your application is being processed" email (even though Emory only requires 2 LOR)?

I was under the impression that if the school requires 3 LOR and there’s more they would just choose 3 at random. 

12 hours ago, Willlllllll said:

I was under the impression that if the school requires 3 LOR and there’s more they would just choose 3 at random. 

Yeah that's what I heard too. I meant because there was still one thing missing from my application, were they waiting on that last thing even though technically my app meets their requirements, but I actually got the confirmation email this morning.. I guess I was just anxious / impatient reading on here haha.