2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 minute ago, Kirby219 said:

Well here is part of the other email 🤣

You will complete multiple mini interviews with members of the Admissions Committee comprised of PA faculty, practicing Physician Assistants, second-year students, and others from the Emory community in a virtual setting.  The interview day will include a virtual meeting with students from the first year class, a virtual tour of the campus, financial aid presentation, and an overview of the program.   

Thank you for sending that. I am unsure how I failed to receive that email, but it's fine and getting an interview helps make up for it 😆

• Like 1

I just received an interview invite for 10/9 at 2:30 PM! I submitted on 7/5, received the application complete email 7/7, and the interview invite 7/13! I am so excited 🙂 

My stats if anyones curious:

sGPA: 3.90

cGPA: 3.91

GRE: 155 Verbal, 154 Quant, 4.5 analytical

PCE: ~8000 as CNA and EMT

HCE: ~100 as chiropractic assistant, 300 teaching hours

Volunteer: ~1300 as volunteer EMT and medical mission trip

• Like 1

Hey ya'll. I know I'm not very active on here due to how busy my life has been recently, but I just wanted to drop by and say congratulations to everyone for receiving interview invitations! 🎉 I'm virtually interviewing on 9/26! To those of you who are still waiting, I hope you all stay hopeful and feel proud of everything you've accomplished so far in this journey. We all want our diligence rewarded with acceptances and I'm confident you all will make amazing PAs.

Also, thank you to those who have been helpful on this forum and giving valuable and comforting advice 🙂 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, SundayCandy said:

I've been  completed/processing since mid-June, but no invitation or rejection yet. Not sure if I should contact them. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Same here! Got the 7-14 day email on June 22nd but there has been radio silence. No immediate rejection is a good thing I suppose.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:05 PM, sassycow said:

Same here! Got the 7-14 day email on June 22nd but there has been radio silence. No immediate rejection is a good thing I suppose.

I'm pretty sure they're probably just moving a little slower this cycle due to the pandemic so they may not be conducting meetings as they normally do. Hopefully you hear from them soon!

14 hours ago, vintagevanessa said:

Received an interview invite for 9/11 at 12:30PM!! 

Congrats! When did you receive the application complete/under review email? It looks like it's averaging about a week for a response from when the application materials are received. Would be honored to interview and attend this program!

9 hours ago, J3dasilva said:

Congrats! When did you receive the application complete/under review email? It looks like it's averaging about a week for a response from when the application materials are received. Would be honored to interview and attend this program!

I received the application complete email on 6/16 and was invited for an interview on 6/24! Emory was definitely a reach for me and they were the first school I actually heard back from so I was thoroughly surprised!

3 hours ago, vintagevanessa said:

I received the application complete email on 6/16 and was invited for an interview on 6/24! Emory was definitely a reach for me and they were the first school I actually heard back from so I was thoroughly surprised!

!!! I got an interview! I couldn't be more excited. Interviewing on 10/9/2020 which literally feels like a lifetime away.

What is everyone doing until their interviews? Other than continuing to work as an MA and finish my last class, I hope to increase my volunteering and community service hours.

• 2 weeks later...