2020-2021 Application Cycle

3 minutes ago, amandaaa22 said:

Just got an interview invite for 10/30/20 virtually! Submitted May 23 🙂 what are people planning to wear? My dad said for interviews online I shouldn't wear a blazer. What do you guys think?

Congrats! I’m going to assume from your name you identify as female. In the interview I had all the women wore blazers. It’s a nice look I guess especially online if they can only see shoulder up then they can’t really tell how “professional” a blouse or dress would look. I don’t think it could hurt. 

39 minutes ago, Willlllllll said:

Congrats! I’m going to assume from your name you identify as female. In the interview I had all the women wore blazers. It’s a nice look I guess especially online if they can only see shoulder up then they can’t really tell how “professional” a blouse or dress would look. I don’t think it could hurt. 

I wore a suit for in-person interviews last year. He's saying at home is "different" and wearing a blazer will make me look "stuffy." I don't agree, just want to get a feel for what everyone else is going to wear. It's always better to overdress than underdress in my opinion!

40 minutes ago, ChristinaB said:

My interview is on 9/26 at 8:30am! 🙂 For the head shot, where is a good place to go? I've never had to get one before.

I sent the picture you see on the left and they accepted it and sent me my confirmation. I took it in my bathroom with a cell phone lol then just cropped it to meet their requirements 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lilithxp said:

I sent the picture you see on the left and they accepted it and sent me my confirmation. I took it in my bathroom with a cell phone lol then just cropped it to meet their requirements 

Good to know!  I Just took a few that should work then.  Thanks for telling us!

Edited by Kirby219
  • Like 1

I still haven't gotten my Emory application complete email and it's driving me crazy! 

Submitted CASPA, supplemental, fee: June 1

Received email from Emory confirming application was received: June 4

Received email from Emory about missing GRE scores: June 8

Took GRE: June 15

ETS sent scores to Emory: June 24

Any suggestions? I just reached out to the person who sent the missing GRE scores email (the Student Academic Services Administrator) and asked if they have received my GRE scores and are still waiting on anything. I've been holding off sending any emails because I don't want to be pushy, but it sounded like most people received completion emails right away after everything was sent in! Let me know if you had a similar situation!

6 minutes ago, ericap said:

I still haven't gotten my Emory application complete email and it's driving me crazy! 

Any suggestions? I just reached out to the person who sent the missing GRE scores email (the Student Academic Services Administrator) and asked if they have received my GRE scores and are still waiting on anything. I've been holding off sending any emails because I don't want to be pushy, but it sounded like most people received completion emails right away after everything was sent in! Let me know if you had a similar situation!

I applied a day or two after taking the GRE. I got the "missing GRE" email and I asked them if I had to notify them of when the GRE is delivered and they said no. A day or two after the GRE arrived I recieved and email that the app was complete. I did apply the first week of May so that probably helped my turn around be a little more quick. Hopefully it'll be sorted out soon.

Edited by Kirby219

Did anyone who received an interview invitation first get an "Application Review Complete" email? A week ago I received an email stating "Your application has passed the first phase of review by the committee and will be under further consideration for an interview. If it is determined that you will be invited for an interview, you will receive the invitation at least 2-3 weeks prior to your interview date. Interviews will be held August - October 2020." I was just wondering if this is a good or bad sign since I have not heard anything about being offered an interview yet. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, abbylou said:

Did anyone who received an interview invitation first get an "Application Review Complete" email? A week ago I received an email stating "Your application has passed the first phase of review by the committee and will be under further consideration for an interview. If it is determined that you will be invited for an interview, you will receive the invitation at least 2-3 weeks prior to your interview date. Interviews will be held August - October 2020." I was just wondering if this is a good or bad sign since I have not heard anything about being offered an interview yet. 

I received and "application complete" email and then and "application review complete" email which that email contained the interview offer. I wouldn't necessarily take it as bad news because I believe some have received rejection notifications already. Good luck.

Edited by Kirby219

I received an Application Complete email from Emory June 29th and emailed asking if there was anything missing, but they said all is good. I haven't gotten a further email yet and am so anxious waiting on it. It seemed like most people got the Complete email pretty soon after when everything was there, so I am unsure what is going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an interview invite for 10/9/20!!! So excited and hopefully will see some of you there! 

I thought I'd post since mine took a little longer than some others on this thread, I wonder if they're backed up with applications now and the whole process is taking longer. 

Received email from Emory about application being processed: July 7

Received email invite: July 13

And here's my stats for those who are curious (I know I always am): ~2,000 PCE hours as an MA, 1,000 volunteer hours, 3.9 overall and prerequisite GPA, Verbal 163, Quant 161, Analytical 5.5. Definitely was just over the line on the patient care hours for Emory so I'm excited to be considered! Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 1:00 PM, JessicaKilpatrick said:

I received an Application Complete email from Emory June 29th and emailed asking if there was anything missing, but they said all is good. I haven't gotten a further email yet and am so anxious waiting on it. It seemed like most people got the Complete email pretty soon after when everything was there, so I am unsure what is going on.

See my previous post...my timeline was similar and they just sent out my interview invite. Definitely took longer than previous posters so I was getting nervous, but I wonder if they're just more backed up on applications these days. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, ericap said:

See my previous post...my timeline was similar and they just sent out my interview invite. Definitely took longer than previous posters so I was getting nervous, but I wonder if they're just more backed up on applications these days. Good luck!

I got my invite last week 🙂. I am really excited, however they didn't say if it was an online interview. Did your email state whether it is online or not? If not, maybe October interviews are planned for on campus at this point...? Congrats on your interview invite!

Edited by JessicaKilpatrick

9 minutes ago, JessicaKilpatrick said:

I got my invite last week 🙂. I am really excited, however they didn't say if it was an online interview. Did your email state whether it is online or not? If not, maybe October interviews are planned for on campus at this point...? Congrats on your interview invite!

Oh yay, congrats! Mine does say a virtual MMI with a virtual campus tour and meeting with current class members. I'd definitely prefer an in-person interview and I'm kind of bummed they'll be virtual. But I suppose virtual is pretty convenient, especially since I'll be giving birth to a baby exactly a month before ha. Good luck!!!

9 minutes ago, ericap said:

Oh yay, congrats! Mine does say a virtual MMI with a virtual campus tour and meeting with current class members. I'd definitely prefer an in-person interview and I'm kind of bummed they'll be virtual. But I suppose virtual is pretty convenient, especially since I'll be giving birth to a baby exactly a month before ha. Good luck!!!

This is the email I got, so I am unsure why it doesn't say anything about it being virtual. I guess I should plan on a virtual interview and wait for more information then. Congratulations on the baby; that is really exciting!

Dear Applicant,

You are confirmed for an interview on 2020-10-02, at the Emory PA Program.  The interview panel, faculty, staff and students look forward to meeting you and letting you get to know more about Atlanta, Emory and the PA Program.

As you know, we are able to invite only a fraction of the total applicants to Emory for an interview.  If your plans have changed and you need to cancel your interview, please call the Admissions Office at 404-727-3027or email kaye.johnson@emory.edu,  ASAP in order for us to invite other qualified applicants to Emory.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely,

Kaye Johnson

Associate Director of Admissions

15 minutes ago, JessicaKilpatrick said:

This is the email I got, so I am unsure why it doesn't say anything about it being virtual. I guess I should plan on a virtual interview and wait for more information then. Congratulations on the baby; that is really exciting!

Dear Applicant,

You are confirmed for an interview on 2020-10-02, at the Emory PA Program.  The interview panel, faculty, staff and students look forward to meeting you and letting you get to know more about Atlanta, Emory and the PA Program.

As you know, we are able to invite only a fraction of the total applicants to Emory for an interview.  If your plans have changed and you need to cancel your interview, please call the Admissions Office at 404-727-3027or email kaye.johnson@emory.edu,  ASAP in order for us to invite other qualified applicants to Emory.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely,

Kaye Johnson

Associate Director of Admissions

For me only one email stated virtual and it was the interview invitation email...before the confirmation email. Although no instructions were provided on how we will log in to the interview..

or even the reassurance that these details will be provided at a closer date lol which I'm sure it will 🤣

And that would be different if they made the later interviews in person, I'd be jealous. But I'm also happy with an August interview and hopefully maybe early acceptance 🤞

Edited by Kirby219
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby219 said:

For me only one email stated virtual and it was the interview invitation email...before the confirmation email. Although no instructions were provided on how we will log in to the interview..

or even the reassurance that these details will be provided at a closer date lol which I'm sure it will 🤣

And that would be different if they made the later interviews in person, I'd be jealous. But I'm also happy with an August interview and hopefully maybe early acceptance 🤞

I never even got an email with an interview invitation 🤣. I got my Application Complete email and then the one I posted above. I feel like they should make them all virtual though just to keep things fair and equal across the board.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JessicaKilpatrick said:

I never even got an email with an interview invitation 🤣. I got my Application Complete email and then the one I posted above. I feel like they should make them all virtual though just to keep things fair and equal across the board.

Well here is part of the other email 🤣

You will complete multiple mini interviews with members of the Admissions Committee comprised of PA faculty, practicing Physician Assistants, second-year students, and others from the Emory community in a virtual setting.  The interview day will include a virtual meeting with students from the first year class, a virtual tour of the campus, financial aid presentation, and an overview of the program.   

Edited by Kirby219