2020-2021 Application Cycle

Well today is halfway over so I decided I will ask. Has anyone interviewing on Saturday 8/29 get instructions for accessing the interview that day? The email said a few days prior and now that we have less than 1.5 business days. I figured asking early is better than late. Oh and if you haven't guessed, I have not received instruction 🤣 maybe just a little impatient..

Edited by Kirby219
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kirby219 said:

Well today is halfway over so I decided I will ask. Has anyone interviewing on Saturday 8/29 get instructions for accessing the interview that day? The email said a few days prior and now that we have less than 1.5 business days. I figured asking early is better than late. Oh and if you haven't guessed, I have not received instruction 🤣 maybe just a little impatient..

I have also been checking this forum to see if someone had received anything but I have not either and am interviewing 8/29! I figured they may have just forgotten about me lol 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kirby219 said:

I thought I was the only one. Well now there’s no choice, but to receive that email today. Hopefully we hear something really soon. 

20 hours ago, Kirby219 said:

I have not received anything yet and I interview tomorrow too

5 minutes ago, JayLyo said:

Out of curiosity, did anyone actually receive an email with an interview schedule and whatnot, or just the "update" email containing the Zoom link and log-in times? 

Just the "update" one which kind of sounds like some correspondence is missing. Like they are updating something we never received.  I was hoping for some type of schedule beforehand. 

Edited by Kirby219
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby219 said:

Just the "update" one which kind of sounds like some correspondence is missing. Like they are updating something we never received.  I was hoping for some type of schedule beforehand. 

You mirror my thoughts exactly. I began thinking that they were making a correction from the interview invitation email, but even that correspondence mentioned receiving more details a few days prior to interviews.

• Upvote 1

Yeah if I remember correctly in an earlier email they mentioned a panel, virtual campus tour and financial overview later in the day so I wonder what the people who have the first interview (830) will do when the 930 or 1030 people are interviewing since I assumed we will all be together when they go over that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jae1998 said:

So was the interview hard? Or do you guys think you did well? I expected more people to be talking about it. They moved my interview date up a whole month so I’m nervous 

I mean i didn't think it was hard but that depends on how you are under pressure because it is still nerve-racking. The faculty seems super relaxed though.

I'm assuming it's not being discussed on here due to people not wanting to unknowingly give some an advantage over others, so we just keep to ourselves lol. I thought it went superb for me, but is that what they will think? Who knows.

One thing I will say is that they did explain that notifications won't go out for acceptance this year till November and all interviews are done(last year was mid sept first acceptances). Also, they are interviewing almost 200 people in comparison to the about 150 last year.

Edited by Kirby219
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I mean i didn't think it was hard but that depends on how you are under pressure because it is still nerve-racking. The faculty seems super relaxed though.
I'm assuming it's not being discussed on here due to people not wanting to unknowingly give some an advantage over others, so we just keep to ourselves lol. I thought it went superb for me, but is that what they will think? Who knows.
One thing I will say is that they did explain that notifications won't go out for acceptance this year till November and all interviews are done(last year was mid sept first acceptances). Also, they are interviewing almost 200 people in comparison to the about 150 last year.

Were there any group interviews with other students? Or just one on one MMIs?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, atlien2008 said:

Were there any group interviews with other students? Or just one on one MMIs?

The interview portion consisted of only the MMI format 🙂 which I will say because I believe it is posted publicly by Emory somewhere already! 🤣

Edited by Kirby219
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jae1998 said:

So was the interview hard? Or do you guys think you did well? I expected more people to be talking about it. They moved my interview date up a whole month so I’m nervous 

I have to agree with Kirby219, we don't want to give an advantage to others but everyone was very nice and they tried to make you feel as relaxed as possible. The only downside is having to wait until November to hear about acceptances which is a long time away since we were the first group, best of luck though! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Guest wildalaska

Bummer about decisions not being sent until November... I'm in the fortunate position to have an acceptance to a program that starts the first week of January, so I'd be moving/settling in there by the time I'd hear back from this program... tough decisions in the future, for sure!

On 9/3/2020 at 8:41 AM, Kirby219 said:

The interview portion consisted of only the MMI format 🙂 which I will say because I believe it is posted publicly by Emory somewhere already! 🤣

When you say the interview portion, do you mean there is another portion? 

Edited by Crschr