Baylor College of Medicine - 2019/2020 Application Cycle

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, iamplanetjanet said:

I received a confirmation email from them approximately a week ago, just saying my application is complete and ready for the review process!

So I do have a question. On their website, one of their requirements was a BLS certification? Did any of you have to get a BLS certification?

2 hours ago, jbraimah said:

So I do have a question. On their website, one of their requirements was a BLS certification? Did any of you have to get a BLS certification?

Yeah, I renewed my BLS certification a few months ago because I did email them and they said you have to have it any time before enrollment (so I don't know, I guess we don't technically need it unless we are accepted?)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/20/2019 at 3:57 PM, jbraimah said:

It is a Basic Life Support certification. Make sure it is approved by the American Heart Association. You ca find locations near you on the AHA website that offer the course. It's a couple of hours and basically covers different forms of CPR.

• Like 1

I had a question about the questions Baylor asks on CASPA, specifically this one: "If you at any time interrupted a degree program, prior to completion, for 4 months or more, or if you have ever taken a reduced academic load, state the reasons and describe what you did during the interval." 

I reduced my academic load after receiving my degree to work and gain more experience. Do I have to write about that? I re-took some classes and took a couple prereqs over that year period but never full time because of work. I could have probably taken all the courses in 1 semester instead of scattered throughout the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Question - they require a minimum of 4 credit hour microbiology.  The microbiology course I took only had 3 credits but i DID take a lab with the class.  I e-mailed them about this to see if I could still apply, and sent them the syllabus from the course that stated Lecture: 2 credits, Lab 2 credits, 3 total credit hours.  I never heard anything back.  Not sure if I should take this as a no, or re-email them?  I would love to apply to this program. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 8:22 AM, LaurenAutry said:

Question - they require a minimum of 4 credit hour microbiology.  The microbiology course I took only had 3 credits but i DID take a lab with the class.  I e-mailed them about this to see if I could still apply, and sent them the syllabus from the course that stated Lecture: 2 credits, Lab 2 credits, 3 total credit hours.  I never heard anything back.  Not sure if I should take this as a no, or re-email them?  I would love to apply to this program. 

I applied last cycle and had some issues with my A&P prerequisites (which were eventually resolved), I would re-email them and say that you are inquiring about a previous email about prerequisite requirements 

2 hours ago, swonder said:

Have people received any sort of confirmation email yet? Like anything saying that CASPA is complete and received by the program? I am debating if I should be emailing them to confirm.

I got mine about 10 days after I applied. It says:

Thank you for your interest in our program.  We have received your completed application, official GRE scores, letters of recommendation, transcripts, and payment of the supplemental application fee.  Your application is now complete and will be eligible for the screening process.  Interviews are held in January yearly by invitation only.  You will be notified by email if you are chosen for an interview once the screening process is complete.  Please remember that completion and verification of your CASPA application is not approval of your prerequisite coursework by our program.  Verification and approval of your prerequisites will happen only after an offer of admission is made and accepted.  It is the applicants responsibility to ensure that all prerequisite coursework is complete and meets the requirements outlined on our website, www.bcm.edu/pap.  Failure to do so will result in withdraw of the offer of admission.  If you have questions, you can email paprogram@bcm.edu.

8 hours ago, girlsjustwannabePAs said:

I got mine about 10 days after I applied. It says:

Thank you for your interest in our program.  We have received your completed application, official GRE scores, letters of recommendation, transcripts, and payment of the supplemental application fee.  Your application is now complete and will be eligible for the screening process.  Interviews are held in January yearly by invitation only.  You will be notified by email if you are chosen for an interview once the screening process is complete.  Please remember that completion and verification of your CASPA application is not approval of your prerequisite coursework by our program.  Verification and approval of your prerequisites will happen only after an offer of admission is made and accepted.  It is the applicants responsibility to ensure that all prerequisite coursework is complete and meets the requirements outlined on our website, www.bcm.edu/pap.  Failure to do so will result in withdraw of the offer of admission.  If you have questions, you can email paprogram@bcm.edu.

I got a confirmation email too but that is it 😕

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...