Applicants for January 2020 Start

2 hours ago, VanessaMarion said:

Interviewed 7/25, just reviewed an email stating that I have been put on the waitlist, Kinda bummed but it’s better than a rejection. Has anyone else been put on the waitlist? 

Same here ! And a couple of ppl on my interview day also received a waitlist email today 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, VanessaMarion said:

Interviewed 7/25, just reviewed an email stating that I have been put on the waitlist, Kinda bummed but it’s better than a rejection. Has anyone else been put on the waitlist? 

Interviewed 7/23 and also got a waitlist email yesterday. Stay positive since wait list still means we're still in the running to get in

Had the Thursday, August 15th interview, just received an email for the waitlist an hour ago. Kind of bummed, first interview, but no reason to give up hope! 

Also, I was driving back from the lab this afternoon where I just sent in my urine, and on my way home I got the email. Meaning, I got a decision regarding the waitlist before any of my paperwork was submitted (urine, fingerprints, etc.) I thought you got a decision once that was all said and done. Not sure if anyone is in the same boat, but I'm going to submit everything else tomorrow anyway (fingerprints.)

Good luck everybody!

Edited by uconngrad1

On 8/16/2019 at 2:51 PM, VanessaMarion said:

I also interviewed on July 25th and got a waitlist email today. I’m still hopeful, but they interview a lot of people compared to other schools. Then again, I’m sure not everyone pays for the background check and not everyone takes their acceptance offer. I’m curious to see if anyone got flat out rejected after the interview 👀

1 hour ago, uconngrad1 said:

Had the Thursday, August 15th interview, just received an email for the waitlist an hour ago. Kind of bummed, first interview, but no reason to give up hope! 

Also, I was driving back from the lab this afternoon where I just sent in my urine, and on my way home I got the email. Meaning, I got a decision regarding the waitlist before any of my paperwork was submitted (urine, fingerprints, etc.) I thought you got a decision once that was all said and done. Not sure if anyone is in the same boat, but I'm going to submit everything else tomorrow anyway (fingerprints.)

Good luck everybody!

That is interesting! But it probably means that they’ve given out enough acceptance offers at this point to fill their class and are automatically placing all interviewed candidates on the waitlist. Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing. But they definitely did say that they would not offer anyone an acceptance without the background check being completed. 

4 minutes ago, AshMarie92 said:

I also interviewed on July 25th and got a waitlist email today. I’m still hopeful, but they interview a lot of people compared to other schools. Then again, I’m sure not everyone pays for the background check and not everyone takes their acceptance offer. I’m curious to see if anyone got flat out rejected after the interview 👀

I’ve wondered the same thing! And I also wonder how they choose from the waitlist. Like some people were waitlisted last week but people from the same interview were waitlisted this week. It’s confusing . 

1 hour ago, uconngrad1 said:

Good luck everybody!

Hey, I asked them that today. They said that they wouldn’t make a decision until all our background information was in. Their response was that waitlisting isn’t a decision. I was upset as well considering I paid for the services thinking it was required to hear back . If you have not completed the fingerprinting yet. You can get your money back from castle branch.

Hope this timeline helps people!

CASPA sent 7/17

GRE received 7/19

Invited for Interview by phone and email 7/29

Told to complete CASper 7/30

Interview Thursday, 8/15

Waitlisted via email 8/21(email specified that you won't know where you are on the waitlist.)

Good luck to everybody!

Edited by uconngrad1
  • Upvote 1