Applicants for January 2020 Start

On 6/13/2019 at 5:03 PM, Hmhguy95 said:

Do you have to complete CASPer first in order to be considered for an interview? I just got an email requesting I take the test.

I don't believe so! I just got offered an interview today and they asked me if I have completed CASPer yet (which I have), leading me to think you can still get offered an interview without taking it first. 

Received a call for an interview today! I’ll be there 7/18. First year applicant. 

CASPA submitted 6/3, verified 6/13.

I’m very nervous, but have heard good things about the interview process here. Good luck to you all! 

Edited by JdemK

3 minutes ago, babblingfish said:

I have a question about the fingerprinting and drug test. Does the drug test have to be done at an on-site clinic in Tampa? Or are there options to go to clinics near where I live? Or is there an option to do a mail-in drug test? Any information would be appreciated thanks. 

Hey! I'm from MA and there are sites in this state that I can do the drug test and fingerprinting. If you're out of state, there should be an option to select such and find a site based on your zip code in your state. I'm sure there are others in FL outside of Tampa as well!

Edited by Amanda213

Received an interview today for July 25th, the Casper test does not need to be completed prior to receiving an interview and the deadline for the drug test and back ground check is sept. 1st according to the person I spoke with on the phone. You can take the drug test in Florida for Florida residents at any labcorp . I’m so nervous I’ve never gotten an interview before . Has anyone who has already been interviewed have any pointers ? It would be greatly appreciated !

@Hmhguy95 I’m sure you will, to boost your hopes just know that all your stats are significantly better than mine, that’s why I was shocked to hear from them. I did very badly on the quant of the GRE, total was 293. Gpa is good around 3.7 very low patient care hours compared to you. Don’t lose hope . you’re stats are good enough to get into many schools for sure !