Applicants for January 2020 Start

On 7/24/2019 at 9:02 PM, FaithandHope said:

Good evening,

Second year applicant.

I was very humbled when I applied last year, had an interview at University of Tampa and did not get in. I worked hard to improve my application this year. I have an interview on August 1st

Cum 3.62

Cum Science 3.45

BCP 3.25

Just took Biochem over he summer received an A; however, this has not been updated yet in CASPA, BCP and Science will be increasing...

GRE 299(darn quant!)

PCE over 25,000 Registered Dental Hygienist

Adjunct Clinical Dental Radiology Professor for two semesters

Volunteer ...don't remember exactly...over 500

I look forward to meeting everyone also interviewing on the 1st.

Good luck to everyone! Do not ever give up on your dreams...when it get harder become more tenacious!

Your hard work will pay off! I will be there August 1st as well :)))) Wishing you best of luck.

Hi guys ! Just had my interview this past week and I wanted to confirm that the interview will consist of 20 people. You get split into two groups. One group is taken first for the interview one-on-one portion and the other group stays for a medical writing assignment and gets a tour. You have three 15-min interviews with a faculty member. A fellow student stated earlier in this thread that she received more behavioral than traditional. I personally only had one critical thinking question, basic traditional questions, and then just conversational. However, it really does depend because I had peers who got mostly behavioral questions as well and hardly any traditional. So I would just prep regardless. The faculty and students are amazing, so I personally really enjoyed my interview. Best of luck to everyone !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hmhguy95 said:

@PrePaGal4, do you know how many more interviews they plan on having? If there’s 20 per session I have a feeling that there aren’t many more interviews left.

Yep I do ! They have 2 interview sessions per week from July-Sep. So it ends up being around 300, which is what they do each cycle. Picking from a pool of 1000-1500 applicants. From the 300 they will accept 48

13 hours ago, Abox85 said:

I was offered a seat today. Pretty excited as this was my  Top choice. Good luck to everyone ! 

Congratulations to you ! That’s awesome ! Did you happen to have all your paperwork turned in (background check and all that) prior to them giving you an acceptance ?

17 hours ago, PrePaGal4 said:

Congratulations to you ! That’s awesome ! Did you happen to have all your paperwork turned in (background check and all that) prior to them giving you an acceptance ?

Yes. Everything was complete. They were pretty specific that they will not offer unless those are completed. I asked if they would hold the offer and she said they would essentially skip you and you could lose out if they fill the class before your stuff is completed. Unlikely, but they mean business ! 

3 hours ago, mattjmartin28 said:

Does anyone know if the CASPer test is required in order to apply as well. I don't see anything mentioning it on their website. But as I am in the process of sending it to another school, South University pops up as an option to send the scores to as well. And that just has me questioning it. Thanks!

They do require CASPer prior to admission. I received an email to send the results to the school