Applicants for January 2020 Start

39 minutes ago, uconngrad1 said:

Hope this timeline helps people!

CASPA sent 7/17

GRE received 7/19

Invited for Interview by phone and email 7/29

Told to complete CASper 7/30

Interview Thursday, 8/15

Waitlisted via email 8/21(email specified that you won't know where you are on the waitlist.)

Good luck to everybody!

Congrats on your interview! I am assuming I will not be offered an interview as I was verified on 6/20, lol. Good luck! 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:12 PM, allyc1234 said:

I received an invitation for an interview 08/19!! My interview will be Thursday 08/29. I was CASPA verified on 07/31. 

Do you mind sharing your stats? I was verified on that day as well and I am wondering if there is still hope. 

21 hours ago, mem33 said:

Do you mind sharing your stats? I was verified on that day as well and I am wondering if there is still hope. 

GPA: 4.0

sGPA: 4.0

GRE verbal: 153

GRE quantitative: 156

PCE About 2000 hours between scribe, CNA, and ophthalmic tech 

Volunteer: 120 as research volunteer in ER

Shadow: 30 hours between MDs and PAs

LOR: MD, RN, advisor and professor 

From other posts it sounds like they are continuing to do interviews, I hope you get one 🙂

On 8/22/2019 at 4:10 PM, uconngrad1 said:

Hope this timeline helps people!

CASPA sent 7/17

GRE received 7/19

Invited for Interview by phone and email 7/29

Told to complete CASper 7/30

Interview Thursday, 8/15

Waitlisted via email 8/21(email specified that you won't know where you are on the waitlist.)

Good luck to everybody!

Did u complete your background check prior to being notified you were waitlisted?

I received an email confirmation from the program on June 10th. I have yet to hear back regarding an interview or rejection. Is anyone else in the same situation? I'm holding back from calling since they state they aren't able to provide information regarding our applications in their email. I'm curious to know if they don't set rejection emails to those they don't decide to interview. 

1 hour ago, rfo1234 said:

I received an email confirmation from the program on June 10th. I have yet to hear back regarding an interview or rejection. Is anyone else in the same situation? I'm holding back from calling since they state they aren't able to provide information regarding our applications in their email. I'm curious to know if they don't set rejection emails to those they don't decide to interview. 

I was confirmed on June 20th and I have not heard either. I am strongly feeling as if they just haven’t sent rejections out due to how many people applied later and are getting interviews. I hope I am wrong, but not feeling great about it..good luck to you! 

I will be attending the 8/29 Thursday interview slot. 

I'm just a bit confused on how the background check etc goes. Do i need to complete it before I'm notified of my acceptance or after ? I feel as though the email i was sent was worded oddly. I do not want to pay for the entire check if i do not get accepted. 

HELP anyone. 

Edited by Luzzzzzzz

15 hours ago, Luzzzzzzz said:

I'm just a bit confused on how the background check etc goes. Do i need to complete it before I'm notified of my acceptance or after ? I feel as though the email i was sent was worded oddly. I do not want to pay for the entire check if i do not get accepted. 

HELP anyone. 

Hi! So they will tell you at the interview that if they waitlist you, it can be before everything is complete. But if they want to accept you, they can not do so until everything is complete!

17 hours ago, Luzzzzzzz said:

HELP anyone. 

personally, I did everything before I attended the interview. I submitted my fingerprint 2 days before my interview date. I was accepted 5-6 days after my interview because I had completed everything for them to make the decision super quick. Hope this helps. You will NOT get any decision whether you are accepted or not if you do not complete the drug/background/fingerprint check. So my suggestion if South is one of your top choices, do it ASAP. 

Edited by woooriya

1 hour ago, woooriya said:

personally, I did everything before I attended the interview. I submitted my fingerprint 2 days before my interview date. I was accepted 5-6 days after my interview because I had completed everything for them to make the decision super quick. Hope this helps. You will NOT get any decision whether you are accepted or not if you do not complete the drug/background/fingerprint check. So my suggestion if South is one of your top choices, do it ASAP. 

Hello! When did you interview? And day you heard back?

Edited by pmolitz3