Applicants for January 2020 Start

I haven't seen anyone talk about the interview format yet. I just went to the interview so I thought I'd share the love for those who have yet to interview, and for people looking at his forum next year. There are three 15 minute interviews, the question and styles of the interview depend on the interviewer. The questions I was asked skewed heavily on the behavioral side with only a few traditional questions. Below is a link to a list of the members of the admissions committee, you will be interviewed by three random staff on the Faculty. There is a written portion that tests some basic medical knowledge and some behavioral skills. The day starts with ice breakers and a tour of the building by two current PA students. Then there is a powerpoint presentation given by some of the faculty. Then everyone is split into two groups. One group goes into interviews first, the second does the written portion, then they swap. Each of the faculty have a different speciality, and their personality and questioning aligns pretty well with their speciality and role in the program.

https://www.southuniversity.edu/tampa/areas-of-study/physician-assistant/physician-assistant-master-of-science-ms/faculty

Best of luck to everyone who has interviewed and to those who will be interviewing! There are still a lot more interviews that will be held so don't give up if you haven't heard back yet. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, babblingfish said:

I haven't seen anyone talk about the interview format yet. I just went to the interview so I thought I'd share the love for those who have yet to interview, and for people looking at his forum next year. There are three 15 minute interviews, the question and styles of the interview depend on the interviewer. The questions I was asked skewed heavily on the behavioral side with only a few traditional questions. Below is a link to a list of the members of the admissions committee, you will be interviewed by three random staff on the Faculty. There is a written portion that tests some basic medical knowledge and some behavioral skills. The day starts with ice breakers and a tour of the building by two current PA students. Then there is a powerpoint presentation given by some of the faculty. Then everyone is split into two groups. One group goes into interviews first, the second does the written portion, then they swap. Each of the faculty have a different speciality, and their personality and questioning aligns pretty well with their speciality and role in the program.

https://www.southuniversity.edu/tampa/areas-of-study/physician-assistant/physician-assistant-master-of-science-ms/faculty

Best of luck to everyone who has interviewed and to those who will be interviewing! There are still a lot more interviews that will be held so don't give up if you haven't heard back yet. 

Thanks for this! I have an interview next week and I'm so nervous. This is so helpful for knowing what to expect

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 11:22 AM, babblingfish said:

Hi there thanks again for the info ! For the behavioral questionarre, would you say it was more of "think of a time/example" or was it more of "situational/ethical"?

2 hours ago, Hmhguy95 said:

Are they still sending out interview invites? I submitted my app on 6/8 so Im not feeling very hopeful at this point.

I wouldn't lose hope !! July is the first month they are interviewing and they still have a couple months to go. They send out an invite only like a week-ish prior. So there is still plenty of time 🙂

On 7/16/2019 at 5:58 PM, Siyana said:

I will be attending the August 1st interview and it also happens to be my birthday that day, what a chance 🙂 Anyone else attending the Aug 1st interview? 

What a wonderful gift!

I am...good luck to you! Do you live in Tampa?

Edited by FaithandHope

On 7/19/2019 at 11:22 AM, babblingfish said:

I got a call today with the August 7th interview date. Thank you for this information, it's most appreciated! Best of luck to you!

Good evening,

Second year applicant.

I was very humbled when I applied last year, had an interview at University of Tampa and did not get in. I worked hard to improve my application this year. I have an interview on August 1st

Cum 3.62

Cum Science 3.45

BCP 3.25

Just took Biochem over he summer received an A; however, this has not been updated yet in CASPA, BCP and Science will be increasing...

GRE 299(darn quant!)

PCE over 25,000 Registered Dental Hygienist

Adjunct Clinical Dental Radiology Professor for two semesters

Volunteer ...don't remember exactly...over 500

I look forward to meeting everyone also interviewing on the 1st.

Good luck to everyone! Do not ever give up on your dreams...when it get harder become more tenacious!

• Like 2