2019-2020 Application

1 hour ago, msfuturepa said:

I have the same question! Half of my CASPA essay fits the statement of purpose and the other half fits the diversity statement...

They said we can do that but if I do that then my essay is 1,000 characters over so I spent over an hour editing it just so it would fit into the statement of purpose question! 

6 hours ago, NathanSaruriPA87 said:

They said we can do that but if I do that then my essay is 1,000 characters over so I spent over an hour editing it just so it would fit into the statement of purpose question! 

That's what I heard too! Are you going to address your "fit for pursuing graduate study at UC Davis" in your statement of purpose essay?

38 minutes ago, msfuturepa said:

That's what I heard too! Are you going to address your "fit for pursuing graduate study at UC Davis" in your statement of purpose essay?

I'm literally copying and pasting my personal statement and using it as my statement of purpose like they told us to do/we can do. However, I had to spend over an hour editing it to cut it down by 1,000 characters so it would fit the statement of purpose question.

I called the admissions office today and they said we can just copy/paste CASPA into the statement of purpose, but make sure it’s under 4000 characters. We do not need to address the “fit for pursuing graduate study at UC Davis” or faculty.

For the diversity statement, we can expand on the topics mentioned in the statement of purpose to answer the prompt.  

• Like 7

Hey everyone, current student here! You can copy & paste your personal statement from CASPA for your statement of purpose and yes, you will have to cut some stuff out to meet the 4000 character requirement. As for the diversity statement, this is a chance for you to show admissions a more personal side of you, what made you who you are and how you got there, the challenges you overcame, and etc. Just build off on your personal statement and you’ll know where to start!

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, RachaelM said:

Wanted to see what everyone thoughts are, CV or Resume?

So far half the applicants I have spoken with vote Resume and the other half CV.

What is everyone learning towards? Thanks!

I'm submitting a resume because I don't have any research experience or publications. I think it's okay to have either CV or resume. Good luck!

• Like 1