2019-2020 Application

Hey everyone that is still waiting! So I spoke with a lady yesterday in the admissions department and she told me the same thing.."Applicants will know about their application status early November". I mentioned the emails that people have been receiving and she said she doesn't know anything about that. I also asked her if it was safe to assume that if you did not receive and email that you were not accepted, she said "No that is not the case, that applicant should still expect to hear back by the beginning of November". So I say hang in there.  

Hey everyone that is still waiting! So I spoke with a lady yesterday in the admissions department and she told me the same thing.."Applicants will know about their application status early November". I mentioned the emails that people have been receiving and she said she doesn't know anything about that. I also asked her if it was safe to assume that if you did not receive and email that you were not accepted, she said "No that is not the case, that applicant should still expect to hear back by the beginning of November". So I say hang in there.  

Okay, thank you. I was confused because she told me the same thing weeks ago that we wouldn’t hear till November. Thank you for sharing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, LolaGiwa said:

Current student here, generally, you should have received the interview invite already, which is the same thing as the applicant visit day. You hear back in November if they want you to submit the supplemental application and this is after you have the interview. This was my experience last year.

what is going on.. so many different information from various sources. Admissions department is saying to wait if we havent heard anything (like myself and others) and others are saying you shouldve gotten an email. I thought they'd be more uniform. Its like a rollercoaster of emotions for everyone now.

Bingo lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Caligal said:

Current student here, generally, you should have received the interview invite already, which is the same thing as the applicant visit day. You hear back in November if they want you to submit the supplemental application and this is after you have the interview. This was my experience last year.

That was my exact understanding based off previous forums. The only difference I noticed was the year prior to last year, applicants who didn't receive and interview still received invitations to submit the supplemental. However, I assumed that was a glitch in the system. I have decided to give it until the end of the week, but I definitely didn't put all my eggs in one basket and I hope the same goes for others as well.

I’m guessing that everyone who they want to be interviewed has already gotten an email. There will be some people who turn down the interview (due to getting into another school) and then hopefully UC Davis will send out a few more emails to invite a few more people to fill these spots. I’m sure the administration from the school isn’t allowed to say that if you haven’t gotten an email yet, you won’t be interviewed just in case. I’m sure they have to follow the protocol and tell everyone to wait until November even though in reality those of us who haven’t received anything are likely rejected.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ndohg said:

Hi guys! Congrats on the many who received invites! Those who received invites, what were your stats? 

Hi! Thank you! My overall gpa is 3.76, non-science 3.9, science 3.67. No GRE. 2000 hours as a MA at spine and ortho practice (I was the PA’s MA and he wrote me a glowing letter of rec and I truly think this got me my interviews) now a MA for a PCP/nephrologist. 

Like 800+ volunteer hours, founder of an org that goes on a medical mission trip abroad, teaching experience as a TA. Hope that helps. Feel free to PM with any questions 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 9:47 AM, Caligal said:

Hey, I wanted to ask if I could PM you questions about the visitation day? Thanks again for giving insight for us applicants.