2019-2020 Application

Hello Everyone! I will be interviewing on Monday the 28th and am flying in from out of town. I am booking my flights soon but wanted advice because I am not familiar with the area. The admissions woman I spoke to told me the interview ends around 1pm. Would it be too hasty to book a return flight home departing at 2:15pm? 

3 minutes ago, Tjohns80 said:

Hello Everyone! I will be interviewing on Monday the 28th and am flying in from out of town. I am booking my flights soon but wanted advice because I am not familiar with the area. The admissions woman I spoke to told me the interview ends around 1pm. Would it be too hasty to book a return flight home departing at 2:15pm? 

Personally, I think you might be cutting it a little close with a 2:15pm flight! I would definitely try to get a later one if possible so you aren't stressed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tjohns80 said:

yeah i think 2:15 would be cutting it too close. The airport is about 30 min from the school and how knows how traffic will be during that time. If you can, you should try to get a later flight

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 4:53 AM, Jessica11 said:

Hello, does anyone know how serious they are about the 1 min speech we have to give that they mentioned in the email? Like are they timing us and we can’t go over the 1 min? 

Someone from a few years ago said that they will be timing us and we should try to stick to the 1 minute mark as much as we can. Good luck! 

On 10/1/2019 at 9:15 PM, asophia153 said:

Hello all!

New to this forum....I have an interview on October 21st! I am from Los Angeles, graduated with B.S. in Biology from UCLA and have experience as an EMT and dermatology back office MA. I will be driving up to Sac and staying close to the Medical Center.

I was looking at the thread from last year and I was thinking some of us could meet up the day before to talk and get to know each other a bit before the big day! Last year they met up at a coffee shop close to campus called Old Soul at 40 acres in Oak Park. (not in midtown).

If we could meet there at 3PM or so? If anyone wants to join please respond to this to confirm the time!

same! Interview on 10/21, from UCLA psych major, MA in a family clinic. I will be driving up there Sunday morning and staying in Marriott. I will join the student meet up thing at 5pm. Will you go?

12 minutes ago, chloeyx said:

same! Interview on 10/21, from UCLA psych major, MA in a family clinic. I will be driving up there Sunday morning and staying in Marriott. I will join the student meet up thing at 5pm. Will you go?

A group of us are meeting for coffee at 3pm before the meet and greet if you or anyone else would like to join. We're meeting at Temple Coffee Roasters on K and 24th, 2 blocks from the student meet and greet. We're meeting there Sunday 10/20. Excited to meet everyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reuvan said:

A group of us are meeting for coffee at 3pm before the meet and greet if you or anyone else would like to join. We're meeting at Temple Coffee Roasters on K and 24th, 2 blocks from the student meet and greet. We're meeting there Sunday 10/20. Excited to meet everyone.

thank you! I will  be there. See you soon!

• Like 1