2019-2020 Application

57 minutes ago, haley1209 said:

@DahaysPAoneday Hi!! I tried finding the facebook group, but it's not popping up for me! Thanks for making one 🙂

I copied and pasted "UC DAVIS PA/NP program class of 2022" into the search bar and it was the first page that popped up. Hope that helps! If you send me a message with your FB Email I can send you an invite as well. 

2 hours ago, DahaysPAoneday said:

Hey all!!!
I created a facebook group for class of 2022. If you search “UC DAVIS PA/NP program class of 2022”, It should pop up (i think , still trying to navigate my way around it 🙈) . Hoping to connect with everyobe before school starts! 

-Hailey

Thank you so much Hailey! Excited to start getting to know everyone! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Timhh said:

Does anyone know if they accepted people off the waitlist from last year? 

One of the current first year students I met said she was accepted off the waitlist 2 days before the program started. She also mentioned there were a handful of other students who were accepted off the waitlist. Don't lose hope!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DahaysPAoneday said:

ACCEPTED WITH SCHOLARSHIP! AHHHH I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! And yeah is there a facebook group to join? Would love to learn more about housing situation as well! 

Congrats classmate! Hailey started a FB page, "UC DAVIS PA/NP program class of 2022" If you send me your email I can send you an invite if you have trouble finding it. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, bk5991 said:

Is anyone worried about their PANCE pass rates? Specifically the year they had 67%? I would like to know why they think it was so low and what they've done to improve it because it seems like a great program. If any current 1st or 2nd years can comment on this I would truly appreciate it! 

I would also like to know more about this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 11:08 AM, bk5991 said:

Is anyone worried about their PANCE pass rates? Specifically the year they had 67%? I would like to know why they think it was so low and what they've done to improve it because it seems like a great program. If any current 1st or 2nd years can comment on this I would truly appreciate it! 

Hi, current first year here! Sorry for the late response, I decided to take a break from studying today to look at this forum. The reason for the low pass rates that year is because that was when the program transitioned from the medical school to the nursing school. From what I've heard, it was a rough transition. Since then, they have made many changes including getting a new program director Dr. Pearl. He is really receptive to feed back and has made many positive changes since he took over about a year ago. PANCE pass rates have remained pretty stable in the 90s in the past few years, even with the new revamped PANCE that debuted last year. Davis has been teaching the types of classes from the beginning that the new PANCE and ARC-PA standards are now encouraging. There are some programs that had pass rates of 99% that dropped to the 70s last year because they did not teach these types of classes. Of course not everything is perfect in the program all the time, but I'm sure every program has its flaws. Overall, Davis has a fantastic program and I can't imagine being anywhere else.

On 1/26/2020 at 1:34 PM, shells77 said:

Hi, current first year here! Sorry for the late response, I decided to take a break from studying today to look at this forum. The reason for the low pass rates that year is because that was when the program transitioned from the medical school to the nursing school. From what I've heard, it was a rough transition. Since then, they have made many changes including getting a new program director Dr. Pearl. He is really receptive to feed back and has made many positive changes since he took over about a year ago. PANCE pass rates have remained pretty stable in the 90s in the past few years, even with the new revamped PANCE that debuted last year. Davis has been teaching the types of classes from the beginning that the new PANCE and ARC-PA standards are now encouraging. There are some programs that had pass rates of 99% that dropped to the 70s last year because they did not teach these types of classes. Of course not everything is perfect in the program all the time, but I'm sure every program has its flaws. Overall, Davis has a fantastic program and I can't imagine being anywhere else.

Thank you so much for this insight!

On 1/26/2020 at 11:34 AM, shells77 said:

Thank you so much!! This helps 🙂 because it’s my top choice but I started really thinking about that Pass rates.