2019-2020 Application

3 hours ago, LolaGiwa said:

@Stapler I'm waiting for the end of the semester as well.

@idau85 Nice!! Good luck on this journey! 

Where are you guys from? And do you mind sharing your background story?

@LolaGiwa I am from the Twin Cities, Minnesota area. This is my 4th time applying to PA school and my first to UC Davis. I worked as a medical interpreter for many years and in hospital administration. But it's time for me to pivot and work directly with the patients as a provider. I worked for a decade full time and going to school at night to make this transition and I am hoping it will happen for me this year. What's your story? 

• Upvote 1

I have a class that doesn't end until June 23rd. As such I might not have transcripts verified by July 15th. According to the website I can still submit as long as CASPA has the transcript though, right?

"An application and materials must have a ”complete” (all materials received and pending verification) or ”verified” application status by the deadline."

On 5/9/2019 at 11:26 PM, Finntastic said:

I have a class that doesn't end until June 23rd. As such I might not have transcripts verified by July 15th. According to the website I can still submit as long as CASPA has the transcript though, right?

"An application and materials must have a ”complete” (all materials received and pending verification) or ”verified” application status by the deadline."

I feel as if your transcripts could be verified within that 2 week period. However, to really feel confident, I would call CASPA or the school to see how long it may take for the transcripts to be verified. Goodluck!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 11:35 AM, idau85 said:

@LolaGiwa I am from the Twin Cities, Minnesota area. This is my 4th time applying to PA school and my first to UC Davis. I worked as a medical interpreter for many years and in hospital administration. But it's time for me to pivot and work directly with the patients as a provider. I worked for a decade full time and going to school at night to make this transition and I am hoping it will happen for me this year. What's your story? 

I am from North Carolina. This is my initial application process to PA school so I am very excited and nervous to begin the journey. I took a 2 year gap to gain quality experience and I work as a Team Lead MOA at an ENT office.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:26 PM, Finntastic said:

As long as your transcripts have been received by CASPA you'll be fine. Applications need to be complete, but do not need to be verified. I applied last year before the deadline but was not verified until later in July and they still processed my application just fine. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Caligal said:

Hey everyone! Let me know if you all have any questions, I was accepted into the program from the last cycle 🙂

Hi, I wanted to ask if you can please share your thoughts on the program. It's the only program in the country where NP and PA study together, what is that like? I also heard that there is a lot of independent study in this program, is this true? What is the percentage you must get on exams before you have to remediate? Did anyone in your class decelerate or leave the program?

2 hours ago, idau85 said:

Hi, I wanted to ask if you can please share your thoughts on the program. It's the only program in the country where NP and PA study together, what is that like? I also heard that there is a lot of independent study in this program, is this true? What is the percentage you must get on exams before you have to remediate? Did anyone in your class decelerate or leave the program?

I start the program in July so I can’t answer those questions just yet. Let me know if you have any general questions 

@Beata UCD does things a bit differently. You should be hearing back for an interview in late September. It’s only after the interview whether admissions will decide to take you to the next step, which would be to submit the supplemental application. You should hear back for the supplemental application in early November!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm planning to submit my application in a couple of weeks. However I have to take one class that doesn't end until the 9th of August. Idk if they will still consider my application for admission because their website says that transcripts should reflect degree conferred by september 30th.