2019-2020 Application

2 hours ago, Mitpa19 said:

Are interview invites sent all at once? I don’t know if it’s safe to assume that those that didn’t receive one got denied. That’s what I’ve read from a previous forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm hoping. I'm trying to keep an open mind. I wish us luck still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mae2luv said:

I am confused! I just got an email from UC Davis inviting me to apply to their graduate programs. Anybody experienced this?

I didn’t experience that but the invite email has a list of dates for October to choose from to attend the interview and a link to select your date. They might have sent you that graduate program email just bc you applied to their school... I have experienced that with other pa programs. 

11 minutes ago, pafuture24 said:

Does anyone know if this is typical of UCD to not send out denials, but rather implied if not invited initially? Also is this typical for many other schools? I was always under the notion that no response always meant you were in the running 

I have always taken no response as a rejection. A candidate can accept and put a deposit down and then rescind their acceptance at anytime before the first day of class. Programs would only wait list someone if they interviewed, so if no invitation was sent out that would mean by default it is a high chance of being rejected because interviewing requires coordinating faculty, staff and students' schedules. They generally know already well in advance what the interview dates are for the entire application cycle. 

2 minutes ago, idau85 said:

I have always taken no response as a rejection. A candidate can accept and put a deposit down and then rescind their acceptance at anytime before the first day of class. Programs would only wait list someone if they interviewed, so if no invitation was sent out that would mean by default it is a high chance of being rejected because interviewing requires coordinating faculty, staff and students' schedules. They generally know already well in advance what the interview dates are for the entire application cycle. 

I would agree, I’m saying they might send out a few more interviews if people refuse those

I received an interview invite yesterday as well! I am beyond excited and grateful for this opportunity. I applied back on June 3rd and was verified the same day. Received a confirmation email from UCD back in June as well. It’s been a long summer to say the least. I signed up for the October 14th date. Would anyone like to meet up the Saturday before to get to know one another and share interview tips/advice? Well wishes to everyone on this journey! 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jessica11 said:

anyone who selected the oct 7th interview....have any of you received information on what time the meet n greet is? trying to get an idea what time the one for oct 14th will be

Hey Jessica, 

No, I haven't received any details about the meet and greet the day before. I am confused however as I just got off the phone with UCD and the guy I spoke with told me that the email they sent out was a "visit day" which isn't the same as the interview. I told him no it says interview in the actual description of the email, he's like I don't believe we sent out interview invites yet to people. Isn't it clear by this email that this is in fact the actual and final interview process or am I getting things mixed up here?

I even got the following email after picking an interview time and date:

Your interview has been scheduled for 10/7/19.

As the date approaches, expect to receive a separate email with details about the interview day.

3 minutes ago, LeBronisGOAT said:

The "visit day" IS the interview. Don't listen to that guy he doesn't know what he's talking about. 

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. When you guys received that following email that states "your interview has been scheduled for the following date", is that the final confirmation email confirming your interview? I want to make sure it is before I make hotel arrangements. Thanks LeBronisGOAT

1 hour ago, NathanSaruriPA87 said:

Hey Jessica, 

No, I haven't received any details about the meet and greet the day before. I am confused however as I just got off the phone with UCD and the guy I spoke with told me that the email they sent out was a "visit day" which isn't the same as the interview. I told him no it says interview in the actual description of the email, he's like I don't believe we sent out interview invites yet to people. Isn't it clear by this email that this is in fact the actual and final interview process or am I getting things mixed up here?

As the date approaches, expect to receive a separate email with details about the interview day.

Oh okay thank you!  Wow that doesn’t make sense what the guy said. The email clearly says multiple times that it is an interview and that we will be participating in a group interview. Yes I got the same interview as well!

1 hour ago, NathanSaruriPA87 said:

Hey Jessica, 

What!!!!! That’s crazy ..... I am so confused now