Jump to content

Gannon University: Ruskin FL

Recommended Posts

They have been established in Erie, Pennsylvania for a 5 year program for high school graduates as well as a 2 year program for post bacc. They now have a new post bacc in FL and will be getting accredited in March 2019 (fingers crossed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have a pre-req needed called into to research? Is this the same as like a capstone internship with research paper? I never had a specific class called into to research? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kelciejag said:

They have a pre-req needed called into to research? Is this the same as like a capstone internship with research paper? I never had a specific class called into to research? 

They accepted my Thesis class as a research class and they accept anything equivalent so I'm sure that would work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kelciejag said:

Did you already take that Casper test? Or did you wait for them to tell you to take it? 

I signed up to take it as soon as I applied on CASPA because Casper gives you a specific day to take it so it's better to do it ASAP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, amh2021 said:

I signed up to take it as soon as I applied on CASPA because Casper gives you a specific day to take it so it's better to do it ASAP!

I already took Casper for another school and I am kind of annoyed I have to take it again. I emailed and asked if my results could be sent to them but I don't know if thats allowed... I do not want to waste money to take it again lol. I am also in the same boat I have no classes titled "intro to research" and I am not sure what I can put that would be accepted. Maybe professional and technical writing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hbryan1 said:

I already took Casper for another school and I am kind of annoyed I have to take it again. I emailed and asked if my results could be sent to them but I don't know if thats allowed... I do not want to waste money to take it again lol. I am also in the same boat I have no classes titled "intro to research" and I am not sure what I can put that would be accepted. Maybe professional and technical writing?

Dang hopefully you don't have to pay and take it again ? I'm honestly not sure what would cover the intro to research class but if you email/call please let me know what they say because I'm sure a lot of people are in that same boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, amh2021 said:

Dang hopefully you don't have to pay and take it again ? I'm honestly not sure what would cover the intro to research class but if you email/call please let me know what they say because I'm sure a lot of people are in that same boat.

Yes, I will. I emailed them earlier so maybe I will hear back on Monday.  ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is the option on Casper to add additional schools to your results so I got that taken care of. For the section where it says to upload proof of shadowing/healthcare hours they said we can show paid experience so I was just going to upload my timesheet from work. Will they accept this? I don't want to keep emailing the admissions committee lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, amh2021 said:

Timesheet should work! And thats awesome about Casper. If you apply today lmk when you hear back!

Ok thank you! I am waiting for them to say what constitutes as intro to research and then I will apply depending on their response. ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RespiratoryGirl said:

I applied 8/28 and haven't heard anything back

I applied on Saturday and by Tuesday they sent me an email confirming my application. Did you get a confirmation email at least? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hbryan1 said:

I applied on Saturday and by Tuesday they sent me an email confirming my application. Did you get a confirmation email at least? 

Yes I got a confirmation email the next day and took Casper right away. The Casper website states that they received my scores on September 11th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RespiratoryGirl said:

Yes I got a confirmation email the next day and took Casper right away. The Casper website states that they received my scores on September 11th. 

That is so weird. I haven’t heard anything else. @amh2021 didn’t you get an interview offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RespiratoryGirl said:

When did you apply?

I applied August 23, took Casper exam August 28, and received an interview invite on September 19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Hbryan1 said:

I got an interview offer today for November 8th. I will be attending the am session!

Hi! I did for Nov. 8th as well, but am not confirmed for AM or PM yet:) Best of luck and hope to see you there!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PAtobe33 said:

Hi! I did for Nov. 8th as well, but am not confirmed for AM or PM yet:) Best of luck and hope to see you there!

Congrats!! I emailed to RSVP and they didn’t say if I had the am session or not I just hope I get that slot lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By itskimchi
      I'm looking into PA school requirements and have seen that most require Human Anatomy & lab, and Human Physiology & lab. My current university (UCSD) only offers a Human Physiology lecture course. Most of the city colleges I'm looking into in order to fulfill this pre-req only offer Human Anatomy or Human Physiology as a single course of lecture and lab, rather than having separate lecture and lab courses. Do PA schools accept lecture & lab combination courses or do they want each lecture and lab to be a separate course?
    • By caroline2021
      I am graduating this summer from undergrad at UCONN. I faced some personal issues during my sophomore year that caused me to take the spring semester off, and I probably jumped back into a full course load too soon because I struggled to get passing grades the returning semester and into the next year of school. Ultimately my GPA really suffered and I went from a 3.7 down below a 3. I am working to boost my gpa as much as possible before I graduate, but I know this will be the real cause of issue while applying to PA schools in the future. I have already accumulated over 1000 hours as a CNA in assisted living and hospital settings and I will have much more by the time I do apply. However, I know the real red flag of my application will be my horrible GPA. I am currently looking into applying to get a masters degree in biology or something in hope that it will show that I am capable of handling the rigor of PA school. If anyone has any suggestions on what major to apply to grad school, if this is even a beneficial idea, or anything to help I would greatly appreciate it. 
    • By LOLfPAschool
      So my particular PA school uses the PACKRAT to determine if students are ready to take the PANCE or not at the end of clinical year (this is new and never counted like this before). This year's most recent PACKRAT version national average is apparently a 167, 20 points higher than the last 3 averages on PAEA's website and 40 points higher than last years national average of 128 (according to my PA school). They have informed us that if we do not get within the 2 point standard deviation, they will not allow us to take the PANCE until we reach an adequate grade on the PACKRAT. Can they legally do this?
      According to PAEA, the PACRAT can be done open book so these scores are skewed and shouldn't count for my class.
      There is nothing in our program handbook about the PACKRAT being a requirement for graduation.
      PLEASE HELP!!
    • By eluch15
      Did anyone attend school out of state? What are the obstacles? Does it affect job search if you decide to go back home? Or does it not matter much? 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More