amh2021

Gannon University: Ruskin FL

They have been established in Erie, Pennsylvania for a 5 year program for high school graduates as well as a 2 year program for post bacc. They now have a new post bacc in FL and will be getting accredited in March 2019 (fingers crossed).

They have a pre-req needed called into to research? Is this the same as like a capstone internship with research paper? I never had a specific class called into to research? 

2 minutes ago, Kelciejag said:

They have a pre-req needed called into to research? Is this the same as like a capstone internship with research paper? I never had a specific class called into to research? 

They accepted my Thesis class as a research class and they accept anything equivalent so I'm sure that would work!

Just now, Kelciejag said:

Did you already take that Casper test? Or did you wait for them to tell you to take it? 

I signed up to take it as soon as I applied on CASPA because Casper gives you a specific day to take it so it's better to do it ASAP!

21 minutes ago, amh2021 said:

I signed up to take it as soon as I applied on CASPA because Casper gives you a specific day to take it so it's better to do it ASAP!

I already took Casper for another school and I am kind of annoyed I have to take it again. I emailed and asked if my results could be sent to them but I don't know if thats allowed... I do not want to waste money to take it again lol. I am also in the same boat I have no classes titled "intro to research" and I am not sure what I can put that would be accepted. Maybe professional and technical writing?

1 minute ago, Hbryan1 said:

I already took Casper for another school and I am kind of annoyed I have to take it again. I emailed and asked if my results could be sent to them but I don't know if thats allowed... I do not want to waste money to take it again lol. I am also in the same boat I have no classes titled "intro to research" and I am not sure what I can put that would be accepted. Maybe professional and technical writing?

Dang hopefully you don't have to pay and take it again ? I'm honestly not sure what would cover the intro to research class but if you email/call please let me know what they say because I'm sure a lot of people are in that same boat.

4 minutes ago, amh2021 said:

Dang hopefully you don't have to pay and take it again ? I'm honestly not sure what would cover the intro to research class but if you email/call please let me know what they say because I'm sure a lot of people are in that same boat.

Yes, I will. I emailed them earlier so maybe I will hear back on Monday.  ?

• Like 1

There is the option on Casper to add additional schools to your results so I got that taken care of. For the section where it says to upload proof of shadowing/healthcare hours they said we can show paid experience so I was just going to upload my timesheet from work. Will they accept this? I don't want to keep emailing the admissions committee lol.

Just now, amh2021 said:

Timesheet should work! And thats awesome about Casper. If you apply today lmk when you hear back!

Ok thank you! I am waiting for them to say what constitutes as intro to research and then I will apply depending on their response. ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RespiratoryGirl said:

I applied 8/28 and haven't heard anything back

I applied on Saturday and by Tuesday they sent me an email confirming my application. Did you get a confirmation email at least? 

1 hour ago, Hbryan1 said:

I applied on Saturday and by Tuesday they sent me an email confirming my application. Did you get a confirmation email at least? 

Yes I got a confirmation email the next day and took Casper right away. The Casper website states that they received my scores on September 11th. 

5 minutes ago, RespiratoryGirl said:

Yes I got a confirmation email the next day and took Casper right away. The Casper website states that they received my scores on September 11th. 

That is so weird. I haven’t heard anything else. @amh2021 didn’t you get an interview offer?

1 minute ago, RespiratoryGirl said:

When did you apply?

I applied August 23, took Casper exam August 28, and received an interview invite on September 19.

38 minutes ago, Hbryan1 said:

I got an interview offer today for November 8th. I will be attending the am session!

Hi! I did for Nov. 8th as well, but am not confirmed for AM or PM yet:) Best of luck and hope to see you there!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PAtobe33 said:

Hi! I did for Nov. 8th as well, but am not confirmed for AM or PM yet:) Best of luck and hope to see you there!

Congrats!! I emailed to RSVP and they didn’t say if I had the am session or not I just hope I get that slot lol.