Gannon University: Ruskin FL

1 hour ago, kristinamk94 said:

For those who have been accepted, is there a Facebook group/page where everyone can join to get to connect with fellow classmates?! 

Also, those who got accepted, how soon did you receive your admissions packet?

The only admissions packet type thing I received was included with the acceptance email. It basically had housing and loan information. I think as the start date gets closer we will get more information on everything. 

1 hour ago, jeremyhallpa said:

Hi all,

For those accepted, would you mind sharing academic background and clinical experience. I'm trying to get a feel for what they are looking for.

Thanks!

I have over 3,000 of healthcare experience as a endoscopy/surgical tech, medical assistant in detox/mental health, and tech in the ICU and neuro floors. 3.4 GPAs. A ton of volunteer and leadership hours (idk the exact amount), and a Bachelors in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 4:51 PM, kristinamk94 said:

I have over 3,000 of healthcare experience as a endoscopy/surgical tech, medical assistant in detox/mental health, and tech in the ICU and neuro floors. 3.4 GPAs. A ton of volunteer and leadership hours (idk the exact amount), and a Bachelors in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics

Thanks for your feedback and good luck in your first year!

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 8:39 PM, scribetopa007 said:

I realized after I made the page that it’s supposed to be a closed group instead ... so I guess I should delete it lol. Someone mentioned that a staff member was going to create a group for us, maybe once more interviews are finished?

I emailed Desi and she said she would be making a FB page with all of us in February once all the acceptances are out.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, StevenNBoston said:

Out of curiosity, how do people feel about them not having a cadaver lab?

I wish they did, but we should still be fine without it. I'm sure they will have some sort of high-tech digital cadaver computer instead? Maybe we could also see if there are any other labs that rent out cadaver labs for like a week or so in tampa. I know UT PA program will be using one in tampa somewhere. Maybe we could get in there too if they don't have an exclusive contract or something?? not sure...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kelciejag said:

I wish they did, but we should still be fine without it. I'm sure they will have some sort of high-tech digital cadaver computer instead? Maybe we could also see if there are any other labs that rent out cadaver labs for like a week or so in tampa. I know UT PA program will be using one in tampa somewhere. Maybe we could get in there too if they don't have an exclusive contract or something?? not sure...

My mistake. It looks like the FIVE bioskills lab in tampa is just used as a surgical learning simulation??? not sure.