Gannon University: Ruskin FL

On 1/24/2019 at 4:20 PM, StevenNBoston said:

Out of curiosity, how do people feel about them not having a cadaver lab?

I've talked about this with some of the PAs/Docs I work with actually because I wasn't sure how to feel.  I think the cadaver lab would be more of an interesting addition to our learning process rather than hindering what we gain overall.  A few of the PAs said that viewing the anatomy of the cadavers is completely different from what you see in a living patient.. so in the end it didn't really improve their studies or give them an edge over anyone else.  I've also heard great things about the model simulations from students that are using them right now.!!  But still, would have been cool nonetheless. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, PAtobe33 said:

Did anyone by chance take a tour of the campus or get to see any of the facility? I know their interview was short and pretty different than other program's interviews, so was just wondering if anyone had an idea what anything looked like! Thanks in advance.

I have pictures of the campus if you’d like them. I toured right before my interview. It’s a very small campus. Like 2 buildings

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Batman said:

Did you feel ok about the interview? I know I kept reliving mine over and over again in my head. 🤦‍♂️

I felt pretty good about it, but I was really nervous and they could tell 😑 my only concern is that I don’t think I asked enough questions toward the end maybe? Just that we find out in “April”... I wanted to email on any updates etc but didn’t want to sound to desperate 😭 

15 minutes ago, StephPA1 said:

I think I’m waitlisted? I haven’t heard from them since my interview in Jan? 🤔😫

I haven’t heard since my interview in November! Lol. I know it’s hard, but like mentioned above, stay positive! I was told decisions are still being made. Just telling myself no news is good news. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...