Gannon University: Ruskin FL

I applied in August but haven't heard back yet. But I thought they would not send out invitations yet since their deadline is not until 01/15/2019. It looks like they are sending out invitations from what I am reading above. For those who received invitations, did they call or email you?

Edited by padh30

3 hours ago, padh30 said:

I applied in August but haven't heard back yet. But I thought they would not send out invitations yet since their deadline is not until 01/15/2019. It looks like they are sending out invitations from what I am reading above. For those who received invitations, did they call or email you?

Email! Good luck!

Hey all, I'm currently working on my application to this PA program! I came across the Documents section on CASPA and realized that they require you to submit a personal statement. Did you all submit the same personal statement that was  required to submit for all schools, or did you make this personal statement more specific as to why you want to attend Gannon's PA program?

Also, if anyone has a phone number or contact info to the PA program and wouldn't mind sharing it I would greatly appreciate it! I've been having trouble getting in contact with the program. Thanks! ?

21 minutes ago, KK2018 said:

Hey all, I'm currently working on my application to this PA program! I came across the Documents section on CASPA and realized that they require you to submit a personal statement. Did you all submit the same personal statement that was  required to submit for all schools, or did you make this personal statement more specific as to why you want to attend Gannon's PA program?

Also, if anyone has a phone number or contact info to the PA program and wouldn't mind sharing it I would greatly appreciate it! I've been having trouble getting in contact with the program. Thanks! ?

I submitted the same exact personal statement and for patient care hours I just uploaded my timesheets. For PA shadowing I uploaded my letter of rec from the PA I shadowed that specifically said how many hours I did. Their phone number is 8136584902 and if you want info I would email Desiree her email is herter001@gannon.edu. Good luck!! 

3 hours ago, Hbryan1 said:

I submitted the same exact personal statement and for patient care hours I just uploaded my timesheets. For PA shadowing I uploaded my letter of rec from the PA I shadowed that specifically said how many hours I did. Their phone number is 8136584902 and if you want info I would email Desiree her email is herter001@gannon.edu. Good luck!! 

Thank you so much!!! Did you upload only the 30 required hours, or all of your total hours?

9 minutes ago, KK2018 said:

Thank you so much!!! Did you upload only the 30 required hours, or all of your total hours?

Hey! I know Hbryan1 already answered most of your questions, but regarding this question, I personally submitted all of my hours. I just did the PCE, shadowing, and volunteering all in the same template. Hope that helps! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KK2018 said:

I took my tax return from last year and blurred out the SSN so it was an official document.. I did not submit all of my hours in total just a years worth and they still accepted it!

54 minutes ago, futurepackc said:

Did anyone else notice that they require college level spanish?

This is directly from their website http://www.gannon.edu/Academic-Offerings/Health-Professions-and-Sciences/Graduate/Master-of-Physician-Assistant-Science/Admission-Requirements/: Following are prerequisites for the program and must be completed prior to matriculation:

• Major Level Chemistry: 8 credits
  • Major level Anatomy: 3 credits
  • Major level Anatomy Lab: 1 credit
  • Major level Physiology : 3 credits
  • Major level Physiology Lab: 1 credit
  • Major level Genetics: 3 credits
  • Medical Terminology: 3 credits/or demonstrated competency
  • Statistics: 3 credits
  • Intro to Research: 3 credits
  • Psychology: 3 credits

Nothing about Spanish here... I would not have applied if they required Spanish because I definitely did not take Spanish in college lol....

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, futurepackc said:

Do you mind haring your stats?

Sure.

Overall GPA: 3.89

Science GPA: 3.42

Patient Care Hours: over 4000 in dental hygiene

CASPer: Taken and submitted

I asked them to provide feedback so I can improve my application for next cycle and they just sent me this general attachment (which is not helpful by any sense) in the email stating that they have received over 500 applications and they can only accept 30 students.