2018-2019 Application Cycle- UC Davis

13 hours ago, LeBronisGOAT said:

That does not sound correct.

Based on the class profiles on their website, there's approximately 65PA students and 15 NP students per cohort.

Thats interesting, at our interview they definetly said 60:40 ratio i must of got mixed up but either way the more slots the better our chances i guess. 

For those who were accepted, when do you have to respond by? Im assuming thats the earliest the waitlist people will hear back. 

43 minutes ago, RanayMarie said:

Thats interesting, at our interview they definetly said 60:40 ratio i must of got mixed up but either way the more slots the better our chances i guess. 

For those who were accepted, when do you have to respond by? Im assuming thats the earliest the waitlist people will hear back. 

The class size is a maximum of 65 PA students, and approximately 15 NP students.

7 hours ago, heather01 said:

I’m going to say at least 20 based off of the people that responded here. There’s always more that didn’t respond. It doesn’t make our odds very appealing. 

I would guess that the wait list is large, probably much more than 20. They interviewed more than 200 candidates and it sounds like very few did not receive the secondary, and I'm not sure if anyone was outright rejected after submitting the secondary.

On 12/26/2018 at 2:46 PM, mandy14 said:

Happy Holidays! Huge congratulations to everyone that got accepted and good luck to those that are on the waitlist. Has anyone created a Facebook group for the new admitted 2019 cohort? Can't wait to meet all of you in June 🙂 

Happy Holidays!!  Also congratulations to everyone that got accepted!!! I haven't seen Facebook group yet.  I would be willing to start one if someone hasn't started it yet.  Everyone one that has been accepted, Tell us about yourself. 

As for me, I am 41 years old, I have two kids, ages 3 and 6.  I have spent the last 20 years working in emergency response on both fire and EMS.  I currently live in Napa and work in Sonoma and Mendocino counties.  I am very excited to start this new journey and can't wait to meet and start this journey with you.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, JamesE said:

Happy Holidays!!  Also congratulations to everyone that got accepted!!! I haven't seen Facebook group yet.  I would be willing to start one if someone hasn't started it yet.  Everyone one that has been accepted, Tell us about yourself. 

As for me, I am 41 years old, I have two kids, ages 3 and 6.  I have spent the last 20 years working in emergency response on both fire and EMS.  I currently live in Napa and work in Sonoma and Mendocino counties.  I am very excited to start this new journey and can't wait to meet and start this journey with you.  

Thank you, that would be great if you could create the Facebook group! Appreciate it 🙂 

Hi everyone, I am 24 years old and from the Bay Area. I am currently finishing my Master's in Public Health (MPH) at UC Davis. During my gap year, I worked as a full-time phlebotomist. I look forward to starting this new journey with all of you! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mandy14 said:

Thank you, that would be great if you could create the Facebook group! Appreciate it 🙂 

Hi everyone, I am 24 years old and from the Bay Area. I am currently finishing my Master's in Public Health (MPH) at UC Davis. During my gap year, I worked as a full-time phlebotomist. I look forward to starting this new journey with all of you! 

Nice to meet you guys! 

I am 23 years old & am from Bakersfield, Central Valley. I graduated with my bachelors in biology & minor in Chem from CSUB 2016. During my gap years I worked as a full time medical assistant at an urgent care & recently also began working as a part time medical scribe in the ER. I am so excited & looking forward to beginning this new chapter of our lives. Can’t wait to meet with the rest of our team! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy 2019! I’m in my 50’s and from a small town in the eastern Sierras. I work as a MA in local clinics and EMT on our local fire department. I also own an environmental consulting firm. Being a PA has been a dream of mine and I’m so excited to begin. I’m interested in networking re housing opportunities close to campus and look forward to meeting you all. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey guys! I like this getting to know eachother thing so I thought I'd add! Very excited to meet and get to know our new cohort! I'm 25 years old and was born and raised in Fresno, Ca. I graduated from CSU Monterey in 2015 with a BS in Bio. From there, I applied three times and worked as a scribe and a MA in Monterey for about 4 years. I followed my fiance to Sacramento (She is a PA-S2 at UoP) and have finished my first year on a BLS rig as an EMT. No kids for me, and travel quite a bit because why not? If anyone has questions about the area, hit me up and I'll do my best. Very excited to start our program with you all!

Edited by Jayerza32
  • Like 1

Hello everyone! I’m so excited to meet you all!! I’m 25 years old and I’m from the bay area (Hayward). I graduated in 2016 with my bachelor’s in biology from CSU East Bay. For my healthcare experience, I work as a hospital CNA in the med/surg and oncology unit. I shadowed a surgical PA and a hospitalist. This is my second year of applying so I’m super stoked that I got into my number 1 choice! 

• Like 3

Hello all! My name is Vanessa, I am also from the Central Valley (Fresno County). I am 23 years old, going on 24. Graduated from CSU, Fresno with a BA in psychology. I worked for a short time as a CNA at a SNF and have been scribing in the ER for the past 3 years now. Congrats to everyone, we have worked very hard for this! Excited to meet you all!

• Like 1

Hello! 

My name is Jessica Gomez and I am 24 years old and have been a medical scribe for 3 years. I am a Cali native and on my free time I like to fish and hike. I am very excited to meet you all and would like to link up on facebook send me a message on this platform so we can add each other. 

Also, I tried to make the UC Davis PA/NP Class of 2021 facebook group but I need to invite someone in order to create it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jessg224 said:

Hello! 

My name is Jessica Gomez and I am 24 years old and have been a medical scribe for 3 years. I am a Cali native and on my free time I like to fish and hike. I am very excited to meet you all and would like to link up on facebook send me a message on this platform so we can add each other. 

Also, I tried to make the UC Davis PA/NP Class of 2021 facebook group but I need to invite someone in order to create it. 

Hi Jessica!!  Welcome to the UC Davis PA/NP 2019 cohort.  Thank you for taking the time to set up the Facebook group.  You can invite me to get it going.  James Ensley jensley77@gmail.com.  Let me know if you need more info.  

On 12/29/2018 at 10:15 AM, Jayerza32 said:

Hey guys! I like this getting to know eachother thing so I thought I'd add! Very excited to meet and get to know our new cohort! I'm 25 years old and was born and raised in Fresno, Ca. I graduated from CSU Monterey in 2015 with a BS in Bio. From there, I applied three times and worked as a scribe and a MA in Monterey for about 4 years. I followed my fiance to Sacramento (She is a PA-S2 at UoP) and have finished my first year on a BLS rig as an EMT. No kids for me, and travel quite a bit because why not? If anyone has questions about the area, hit me up and I'll do my best. Very excited to start our program with you all!

Hi Jayerza32,

Congrats on the acceptance to the 2019 cohort and also to your fiance for the second year at UOP.  Myself and my fiance will be looking for housing near the UCD campus.  My fiance is an NP and will be looking for work there in the Sacramento area.  Once she finds work we will be moving.  What part of town do you live in?  Do you recommend it?  We were thinking Mid-town, Oakpark, Tahoe park areas.

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

Hi Jayerza32,

Congrats on the acceptance to the 2019 cohort and also to your fiance for the second year at UOP.  Myself and my fiance will be looking for housing near the UCD campus.  My fiance is an NP and will be looking for work there in the Sacramento area.  Once she finds work we will be moving.  What part of town do you live in?  Do you recommend it?  We were thinking Mid-town, Oakpark, Tahoe park areas.

Best advice I can give is avoid oak park, the pocket, and south sac. Higher areas of crime and known gang areas. I live in the Arden Arcade area which is more residential (10 min from campus via The 50), The downtown and midtown areas have some great apartments and have plenty to do close by! I recommend there if you are looking for a more social experience, and you wont need freeway access for class. These apartments do have a wider range of pricing and trend on the more expensive side. Downtown by Sutter General Hospital (SMCS) is not so great,  but anything west of that is perfect. 

Edited by Jayerza32
Add more info

11 hours ago, jessg224 said:

Hello! 

Hello,

Congrats on your acceptance and excited to meet you and our new cohort. You can add me too by my user name below! If not, email is jdayerza32@gmail.com

Josh Ayerza

On 12/30/2018 at 10:59 PM, jessg224 said:

Hello! 

Hey Jessica,

My name is Dylan Neal. I'm 25 and have been an EMT for the last 2 years. I'm from just outside of Sacramento in Orangevale, CA and enjoy golfing, basketball and lifting. I would love to join the group and start getting to know all of my new classmates! I'm super stoked to start school with all of you!

3 hours ago, jessg224 said:

Happy New Year Everyone! 

The facebook group is now created. If you have been accepted to the program you can request to join the group under UC Davis NP/PA Program Class of 2021. I'm excited to meet you all 🙂

Hey Jessica 

Can you resend the invite to me?  I accidentally denied it.