2018-2019 Application Cycle- UC Davis

Hey everyone! 

My name is Pei Ling Chen. I'm 25 years old. I worked as a medical assistant for the past 3-4 years and a bit as a behavior therapist with autistic kids and a bit as a remote scribe. My first time applying and getting in. I'm originally from Taiwan and immigrated to and mostly grew up in greater LA region. 

I enjoy a good book and a good symphony. My current hobbies are aerial silks, acrobatics, adventuring, and eating. 

I'm excited to meet everyone!!!! 

• Like 1

Your official notice of admission will be sent directly from UC Davis Graduate Studies through a letter in your online application account within the next four weeks. Should you choose to accept this offer, please follow the instructions in that letter. Please also indicate your initial decision via email to HS-SONStudentServices@ucdavis.edu as soon as possible, but no later than April 15, 2019.

From this email, did anyone receive the official notice of admission yet? I wanted to double check I'm checking the correct place since I haven't gotten it yet. 

9 hours ago, chenpl said:

From this email, did anyone receive the official notice of admission yet? I wanted to double check I'm checking the correct place since I haven't gotten it yet. 

I received the same email.  I believe that the official notices through the portal have not been sent yet

On 12/22/2018 at 8:27 AM, Alayde said:

I had counted less waitlisted people, but 20 sounds like a good guess.

Thanks, heather01

Does anyone happen to know if we have numbers on the waitlist? I thought of asking about it next week? 

Fellow waitlistee here... so did everyone who didn't get in just get waitlisted? 20 doesn't sound too bad let's try to be optimistic 🙂 Does anyone know someone who got off the waitlist and into the class last year and what that was like?

Edited by djzuniga7
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/20/2018 at 5:11 PM, HLL2017 said:

Me too. I got in just 20 mins ago. It is a wonderful news. However, I may give up seat for another school, even though I also like Davis very much. 

Well, CONGRATS to those who get accepted! and to those who haven't, please dont quit. Keep trying and you will have one at least !

Hey did you decide what you are going to do as far as your UC Davis acceptance?

Hi Adhoney00,

Thanks for asking. There are many reasons why i should go for Davis but tuition fee is the one thing I have been concern very much. I am waiting for one more thing to happen on Mar9th, then will know for sure if I will give up seat. I  am guessing many may give up seats as Davis extends the deadline for accepting the offer till Apr (which i truly appreciate.) I feel bad to hold up on this. Sorry, But ya I will notify school right away on Mar9th.

Good luck to you on this process! you are supper close !!!

HLL

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 8:37 AM, chenpl said:

I was just checking today and I don't see anything different. It's been three weeks since I received my acceptance so I will wait till next week. 

• 5 weeks later...