UTSW 2018-2019 Application Cycle

On 8/27/2018 at 2:59 PM, AmarilloK said:

Does anyone know if October/November interview dates have been filled yet? Just submitted app today because I had to finish pre-reqs this summer and was just wondering if I still had a chance. Thanks in advance!

There are still 60 interview invites to go out. 30 for October and 30 for November. Invites should go out about 1 month before the interview date.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EliMu said:

So that probably means the rest of us won't hear until November, right? Congratulations to those who were accepted! Good luck!!!

Not necessarily! You can get called back after any of the next sessions - Sept, Oct, Nov. They will continue to review your application. Based on last year's thread, some people in the first round heard back after Sept/Oct. And as they mentioned during lunch, someone got called back 2 days before the program started!!! Stay positive!

23 minutes ago, Cblaze1 said:

To everyone who got accepted, do you mind sharing your stats? My stats are pretty good but I applied kind of late in mid-July. Congratulations y'all! 

sGPA and cGPS 3.19 - Went to an Ivy League and grades took a big hit

GRE v155, q162, w5.5

PCE ~1100 hours scribing

HCE ~5000 hours

Shadow ~1000 hours

Research ~800 hours

Submitted 6/10

21 hours ago, kn1219 said:

Hi, of course! 

sGPA: 3.81

cGPA: 3.92

PCE: 600 scribe hours at time of submission

volunteer: ~ 20 hours - I was a chemistry tutor & a hospice volunteer

shadowing: 16 hours 

GRE: 152q, 147v, 4w (yikes)

and extracurriculars include music/singing - something I heavily stressed in my personal statement!

Lol your GRE wasn't thaaaat bad, and your grades are rocking. I'm hoping I didn't apply too late and get a chance to interview there. Thanks for letting me know fam! Did you attend a Texas University?  Also what's the interview like? Sorry for all the questions I'm just curious! 

1 minute ago, TaniViolin said:

Lol, good thing you paid attention. I just nodded and said "yes ma'am" while I was just concentrating on dealing with the shock XD

I'm pretty sure I said "omg" like five times while trying not to cry. And definitely said , "I swear I was listening to you but I just want to double check this is  really happening." I was a hot mess. But lol yeah I heard the whole official email in 2-2.5 weeks. 

38 minutes ago, futurepatx said:

Anyone who attended the August 25th interview received a rejection? Trying to see if I’m still in the running or not.

I didn't think they sent rejections until around November. Theyll compare your application to septembers interviews and if you're not accepted then theyll compare to octobers/novembers. 

6 hours ago, GBFuturePA said:

For those that have already been to the meet and greet, what was the format like? Like do you sit at tables and listen to someone speak then start talking with staff? Also, what did you wear?

Thanks so much!

(Interviewing in October)

So they give you a good hour to mingle with each other and with first year PA students. Then they give a presentation on how UTSW is like. The attire is business casual, so don't go all out with blazers. I just wore dress pants and a dress shirt and didn't feel too over/underdressed

Hi guys - I applied late and was wondering how long it took to get the email with login info, etc? I called and asked if they had my application and everything I needed, and they said I was good. Just wondering when I'll receive any email with login info or one saying my app is under review. Thanks!

On 9/5/2018 at 5:04 PM, TaniViolin said:

So they give you a good hour to mingle with each other and with first year PA students. Then they give a presentation on how UTSW is like. The attire is business casual, so don't go all out with blazers. I just wore dress pants and a dress shirt and didn't feel too over/underdressed

Hi, the meet and greet was more laid back than I was expecting. I showed up with my fiancé 5 minutes till 6:00 and thought I was going to be the last person there, but no one even noticed. Everyone was mingling and enjoying the appetizers. I was also surprised by how many people were there...it made it easy to blend in and start having conversations with whoever was next to you. I met an interviewee the next day who was 5 minutes "late" to the meet and greet, but again, no one noticed! I wore black cropped pants with flats, a blouse and jacket. I kinda felt more on the overdressed side being that so many people wore skirts and dresses- some even wore tight-fitted dresses, so I wouldn't worry too much about dressing very professional. The atmosphere was very warm and friendly ? hope this helps!

On 9/6/2018 at 1:29 PM, AmarilloK said:

Hi guys - I applied late and was wondering how long it took to get the email with login info, etc? I called and asked if they had my application and everything I needed, and they said I was good. Just wondering when I'll receive any email with login info or one saying my app is under review. Thanks!

I am wondering the same. I emailed and was told I’d hear this week. It’s Friday..... #alittleannoyed ?

Archived