UTSW 2018-2019 Application Cycle

On 9/6/2018 at 11:13 PM, alyssamberr said:

Hi, the meet and greet was more laid back than I was expecting. I showed up with my fiancé 5 minutes till 6:00 and thought I was going to be the last person there, but no one even noticed. Everyone was mingling and enjoying the appetizers. I was also surprised by how many people were there...it made it easy to blend in and start having conversations with whoever was next to you. I met an interviewee the next day who was 5 minutes "late" to the meet and greet, but again, no one noticed! I wore black cropped pants with flats, a blouse and jacket. I kinda felt more on the overdressed side being that so many people wore skirts and dresses- some even wore tight-fitted dresses, so I wouldn't worry too much about dressing very professional. The atmosphere was very warm and friendly ? hope this helps!

Thanks for the information : )   You mentioned that you showed up with your fiance'. They allow you to bring a guest? 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, JenBrook said:

Thanks for the information : )   You mentioned that you showed up with your fiance'. They allow you to bring a guest? 

Yes, you are allowed to bring one guest - you RSVP on your invite/ meet n greet acceptance saying whether or not you will bring someone. People brought significant others or parents. 

Has anyone heard from the program this week? Any October invites sent out or did anyone finally receive their login information via email? I think Programs do their selves a disjustice to have rolling admissions with two of the possible interview dates before the application deadline and only two remaining. That’s utter madness to me and possibly weakens the strength of their potential class. 

I’m hoping they would send out Oct invites soon! I just got an invite from another school around the same time as UTSW for October. Not sure if I should accept or what since UTSW is one of my top choices

22 minutes ago, MPA21 said:

I’m hoping they would send out Oct invites soon! I just got an invite from another school around the same time as UTSW for October. Not sure if I should accept or what since UTSW is one of my top choices

I would see if you could possibly get another interview date for the school but if you cannot, I’d go ahead and accept. Hopefully they will send out October invites by next week. You can always cancel the other invitation at a later date since UTSW is one of your top choices. 

15 hours ago, MPA21 said:

My guess is that they will send out October interview invites next week after they have evaluated the applications from the first two interview sessions. They have their 2nd interview session tomorrow. 

Hey guys,
I interviewed this past weekend and have not heard back. There were several people from out-of-state that interviewed on my day as well. The faculty informed us that we may receive a phone call at the earliest Tuesday-Thursday after the interview to give out acceptance, but there's a chance we may not hear back until after the last interview session.

13 minutes ago, mtngu said:

Hey guys,
I interviewed this past weekend and have not heard back. There were several people from out-of-state that interviewed on my day as well. The faculty informed us that we may receive a phone call at the earliest Tuesday-Thursday after the interview to give out acceptance, but there's a chance we may not hear back until after the last interview session.

During my session's presentation, they stated that calls would be going out either Tuesday or Wednesday. Are you sure they told you Tuesday through Thursday?

12 minutes ago, Hmhguy95 said:

Are they still sending out interview invites? I applied July 8th and have not heard anything since my initial login info email. Really hoping I get an interview as this is my first choice. I’m out of state

I think they are still sending invites. I am from out of state as well, but on their website, they state they only select 10% or fewer out of state students for each class. Hopefully out of state students still have a shot.

22 minutes ago, Johntrudell80 said:

During my session's presentation, they stated that calls would be going out either Tuesday or Wednesday. Are you sure they told you Tuesday through Thursday?

I thought I heard that it could happen till Thursday but I guess I could be wrong..?

From what I can remember, Professor Coleman stated that the calls will go out Tuesday evening if they had time, and there would be a chance that the calls would go out Wednesday evening if time did not permit. I am guessing that whoever did receive the acceptance call are not members of the forum, or they will go out in the next few hours.

For the first session, I know that we were told Tuesday and Wednesday were the days that we would receive the calls if we were selected for automatic acceptance. However, I received my call on Thursday so it is possible that they underestimated the time that they would take to go through and make their decisions so they are telling the remaining sessions that they may receive calls on Thursday too just to be safe

Archived