2018-2019 Application cycle

Guest isiddik

1 hour ago, gendy348 said:

I also was having that problem where an error message occurred when I was trying to reenter schools. What fixed it for me is that I was trying to enter in my number of credits as "150.5" for one of my schools and I kept getting the error message. When I changed it to "150" it worked. Maybe the decimal was causing the error, I'm not sure. Hope that helps! 

I was having the same problems, and I tried removing the decimal in the number of credits blank and it solved the problem!

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mxray said:

I was having the same problems, and I tried removing the decimal in the number of credits blank and it solved the problem!

Same with me! You have to remove decimal points for BOTH your credits by class (round up) as well as for the total college credits in order for it to save ? 

On 7/13/2018 at 8:10 PM, AspiringPA15 said:

Did anyone else get courses such as Research Methods and Senior Research Project automatically added to their "Other Biology" page? I would assume that they are considering them science courses but I am not sure if I should keep them on that list or not.

To answer my own question, I emailed Duke and they stated that the HLSC courses should stay in the "Other Biology" section, including research courses. Additionally, PCE hours should be calculated up to the projected hours you will have accrued by October 1st. Hope this helps some people!

1 hour ago, AspiringPA15 said:

To answer my own question, I emailed Duke and they stated that the HLSC courses should stay in the "Other Biology" section, including research courses. Additionally, PCE hours should be calculated up to the projected hours you will have accrued by October 1st. Hope this helps some people!

Good to know! Thanks for posting their response!

12 hours ago, PAtobe33 said:

So when I input the dates that I attended the school I received my bachelors at, it doesn’t not allow me to put the end date after the date I received my degree. For example, I received my degree in August, but continued to take a couple classes as non degree seeking through April, but it won’t let me put the attended dates past August since that’s when I earned my degree. Did anyone else have this issue/situation? I don’t want to look as if I’m providing false information because it won’t allow me. Just wanted to reach out here before contacting the program. Thanks! 

I have the same issue. I'm debating between just leaving it as my graduation date, or adding the same school a second time for all my post graduate classes (that what I think I'll end up doing unless hearing otherwise).

8 hours ago, paramedic09 said:

I have the same issue. I'm debating between just leaving it as my graduation date, or adding the same school a second time for all my post graduate classes (that what I think I'll end up doing unless hearing otherwise).

I think that’s a good idea if it allows it to be done! 

So they pulled my anatomy and physiology lab courses from CASPA, but these courses were 0 credits and are listed as no grade (NG) on my transcripts since the lab grade was apart of the lecture course grade (4 total credits). I’m unable to insert NG as the grade before I submit. Did anyone else have this issue, or should I just remove the lab course altogether to submit? Thank you!

27 minutes ago, BlytheLanier said:

So they pulled my anatomy and physiology lab courses from CASPA, but these courses were 0 credits and are listed as no grade (NG) on my transcripts since the lab grade was apart of the lecture course grade (4 total credits). I’m unable to insert NG as the grade before I submit. Did anyone else have this issue, or should I just remove the lab course altogether to submit? Thank you!

I had the same exact problem, I didn't reach out to the program on how to fix it though. I just edited the title of the class to "Anatomy and Anatomy Lab" and deleted the lab component because it won't let you submit without a course credit and I didn't want to put a "1" for the lab course credit since my anatomy class was already 4 credits. Sorry if that was confusing, I just added both components under the same listing.

For the supplemental application, under 'coursework', are people marking all science classes they took as prerequisites, or just the minimum required? For example, only 2 chemistry courses are required, so should I just mark the "prerequisite" box for 2 of the courses or should I mark all of the chemistry courses I took

2 hours ago, Roset56 said:

For the supplemental application, under 'coursework', are people marking all science classes they took as prerequisites, or just the minimum required? For example, only 2 chemistry courses are required, so should I just mark the "prerequisite" box for 2 of the courses or should I mark all of the chemistry courses I took

I only marked the required amount; however, I am not sure if others are doing things differently.

14 minutes ago, HMB said:

How are you able to check the Prereq boxes? It won't let me check any of them. I can hit select and the course changes but the actual box, I cannot check it. Anyone else having this problem?

Did you hit the Edit button after you clicked on the Select link?

Submitted my CASPA application on 7/12 and received the supplemental application invite on 7/16. Just submitted my supplemental application + payment and immediately received an email stating that my Duke application is complete! 

Now the waiting game begins.

What might be some topics to answer the last question on the essay page? This one specifically: Many times applications leave a candidate feeling that important areas of concern have been passed by. Please use the space below for any additional statement you feel is indicated. This question is optional and intended only to give each candidate full opportunity for self-expression. Limit 1000 characters (about 100 words).

1 hour ago, HMB said:

What might be some topics to answer the last question on the essay page? This one specifically: Many times applications leave a candidate feeling that important areas of concern have been passed by. Please use the space below for any additional statement you feel is indicated. This question is optional and intended only to give each candidate full opportunity for self-expression. Limit 1000 characters (about 100 words).

If there are any discrepancies or red flags on your application, this would be a good place to talk about them. For example a repeated course, lack of patient care hours, etc. It is a good opportunity to explain yourself and demonstrate how you have learned from the experience (without making excuses). For example I talked about how I had some poor grades my junior year of college but I learned better time management skills and study habits and ended up earning straight As my senior year. Hope that helps! 

1 hour ago, bussine3 said:

If there are any discrepancies or red flags on your application, this would be a good place to talk about them. For example a repeated course, lack of patient care hours, etc. It is a good opportunity to explain yourself and demonstrate how you have learned from the experience (without making excuses). For example I talked about how I had some poor grades my junior year of college but I learned better time management skills and study habits and ended up earning straight As my senior year. Hope that helps! 

Thank you!

Guest SoyLatte
8 hours ago, Lizli1 said:

Did you all delete the courses that you didn't want to use a prerequisites? Or did you just leave them and check the ones you wanted to count? This may be a silly question...

I made sure all courses were listed and checked only the prerequisites! The home page on the supplemental app says to do that! ? 

Archived