2017-2018 Application Cycle

On 10/11/2017 at 4:21 AM, tktktk said:

I'm from NY and just received an interview offer for November 10/11 - A little shocked because I thought they would have filled up their class by now and assumed I was going to get rejected! Does anybody know what their admissions process is like - ie, am I interviewing for an open spot? Also can anyone offer any guidance in terms of the interview format, and the general schedule for the day? I am trying to book my flight appropriately. Thanks for any help!!

I got an invitation to interview too last night at like 215 am haha. I would like to know this too. Congratulations by the way!!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For our interview day in August, we started early in the morning (~7:30am) and were done by about 2:30pm. We started with an intro talk, then split into three groups, and rotated through doing a campus tour and interviews (3 students with 2 faculty members for the interviews). Then lunch followed by a current student panel. 

Good luck with your interview!

On 10/20/2017 at 10:27 AM, PAtoday said:

Question: has anyone from the alternate/wait list been accepted?

ALSO does anybody know around what month others from previous years have been accepted off the alternate list?

I was on their alternate list last year, but unfortunately did not get accepted. But from my interview day in January, one girl that I interviewed with was accepted off the waitlist near the end of April. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, AngelGabrielVilla said:

Hey everyone! They accepted all of my materials in August but I have yet to hear back regarding an interview. I was wondering if this was typical or if anyone else may be in a similar boat?

I had everything finished/accepted by June 1st. I called yesterday and they said that it had been reviewed but no decision. However, they plan on interviewing through February! Hope that helps! 

17 minutes ago, mvick1590 said:

I had everything finished/accepted by June 1st. I called yesterday and they said that it had been reviewed but no decision. However, they plan on interviewing through February! Hope that helps! 

Thank you so much for such a quick reply - your reply definitely helped! I was contemplating emailing/calling them as well. I know that they are going to be interviewing until next year, but these nerves get more restless with each day.

Just now, AngelGabrielVilla said:

Thank you so much for such a quick reply - your reply definitely helped! I was contemplating emailing/calling them as well. I know that they are going to be interviewing until next year, but these nerves get more restless with each day.

Trust me I am in the same place, it is a special kind of torture and a definite test of patience. Keep your head up and best of luck with the process, hope you hear something soon!

14 minutes ago, tcm123 said:

Has anyone from the 11/10 interview seen anything pop up on the accepted students checklist in the portal? Heard that that updates a couple days before any emails or calls.

I interviewed on 11/9 and haven't seen anything pop up. I've been compulsively checking it haha. They told us that it would be towards the end of the week though since the accreditation people are visiting this week. 

2 minutes ago, MountainsAndSkiing said:

I interviewed on 11/9 and haven't seen anything pop up. I've been compulsively checking it haha. They told us that it would be towards the end of the week though since the accreditation people are visiting this week. 

Ohh I didn’t hear about that, thank you! 

I just got a phone call that I have been accepted off the waitlist (interviewed 8/25), though I will probably give up the seat to stay on the east coast. I would love to live in Arizona but also want to be near family. I loved the school so much and the people I met at this interview were so unbelievably awesome! Good luck everyone!

Just got an email from them last night that my application is on hold pending interview invitation. Did anybody else get this as well?

Yes, I received that same email about a month ago and haven’t heard anything since. I got the same email last year and ultimately was never invited for an interview. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived