2017-2018 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find out today whether or not I have breast cancer. I was given the news last week, but still haven't quite wrapped my head around the prospect. With that being said, I will most likely have to cancel my interview and all other interviews I have lined up. As devastating as that is for me, I hope it gives someone else a chance to interview and be accepted!

3 hours ago, MaiCO said:

Does anyone when the last interview date is? I just got an interview invite which i was really surprised about so late in the game and the only date on it is oct 3rd, which i wont be in town. Will there be any other dates?

I will be honest with you, if there is any way you can be in town that day and go to the interview, do. I doubt they will be able to reschedule but it might be worth a try to ask admissions. They stop accepting applications Oct. 1 and I'm not sure how many more rounds of interviews they will do, maybe read back in the blog from last year on here?

This is the general message I received yesterday via email

"Thank you for visiting Midwestern University and considering our university for your professional school education. We hope you enjoyed your interview day experience and learned more about our university and your chosen degree seeking program. Once a final decision has been made on your application, we will be in contact with you."

9 minutes ago, glamb11 said:

Has anyone heard back from the October 2/3 interviews?

Sign in to your Midwestern account where you confirmed your interview. Check your "accepted student checklist" if there is something there, you've been accepted. If nothing is there, either 1. They have not updated it or 2. You have been placed on the waitlist. For me, I interviewed on a Friday, and Monday around noon the checklist populated. Did not receive an email or phone call until Wednesday 

1 hour ago, ajames said:

This is the general message I received yesterday via email

"Thank you for visiting Midwestern University and considering our university for your professional school education. We hope you enjoyed your interview day experience and learned more about our university and your chosen degree seeking program. Once a final decision has been made on your application, we will be in contact with you."

When did you interview that you received that email. Or was that email in response to an email you sent them? Thanks!

1 hour ago, eheadley said:

When did you interview that you received that email. Or was that email in response to an email you sent them? Thanks!

I interviewed on Monday and did not send an email. I figure I'll probably be wait-listed since a final decision hasn't been made yet. 

56 minutes ago, ajames said:

I interviewed on Monday and did not send an email. I figure I'll probably be wait-listed since a final decision hasn't been made yet. 

I think everyone gets that email, I got it as well after interviewing on Tuesday. I think you can tell if your portal changes or not on whether you get accepted or waitlisted. Just my applicant checklist changed and not my accepted student  checklist, so I am assuming I am waitlisted.

13 hours ago, eheadley said:

I think everyone gets that email, I got it as well after interviewing on Tuesday. I think you can tell if your portal changes or not on whether you get accepted or waitlisted. Just my applicant checklist changed and not my accepted student  checklist, so I am assuming I am waitlisted.

What about your applicant checklist changed? Nothing on my portal has changed yet

Was told that I was an alternate and that they don't release the ranking. And I would hear any time from towards the end of interviews through the first week of class. 

So if your applicant checklist changed but your accepted student checklist did not change, I would say it's safe to say you are part of the alternate list. 

I'm from NY and just received an interview offer for November 10/11 - A little shocked because I thought they would have filled up their class by now and assumed I was going to get rejected! Does anybody know what their admissions process is like - ie, am I interviewing for an open spot? Also can anyone offer any guidance in terms of the interview format, and the general schedule for the day? I am trying to book my flight appropriately. Thanks for any help!!

11 hours ago, tktktk said:

I'm from NY and just received an interview offer for November 10/11 - A little shocked because I thought they would have filled up their class by now and assumed I was going to get rejected! Does anybody know what their admissions process is like - ie, am I interviewing for an open spot? Also can anyone offer any guidance in terms of the interview format, and the general schedule for the day? I am trying to book my flight appropriately. Thanks for any help!!

Congrats! When did you get the application complete email? 

Archived