2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/26/2018 at 7:46 PM, sidprepa said:

Is there anyone who was waitlisted before the interview and heard back? Like I never got a rejection email or an interview notification on the portal either, so not too sure what's up...

I'm going to call them on Monday but just thought I'd ask here first!

I'm in the same position! Can you please post on here what they say?! 

On 1/28/2018 at 10:21 PM, sbtexas said:

I'm in the same position! Can you please post on here what they say?! 

@sbtexas I called admissions yesterday and the lady I spoke to didn't really give me a specific answer about my application status, but she said that the last interview was yesterday, and that I should probably be getting something in the mail soon. So I guess indirectly she meant that I'm not going to be called for an interview...

21 hours ago, sidprepa said:

@sbtexas I called admissions yesterday and the lady I spoke to didn't really give me a specific answer about my application status, but she said that the last interview was yesterday, and that I should probably be getting something in the mail soon. So I guess indirectly she meant that I'm not going to be called for an interview...

Well... I guess I won't be either. Thank you for posting! 

1 hour ago, Almortega said:

my portal says that i'm now missing anatomy? I know everyone is saying that if you prereqs pop up you are waitlisted by why does it say that i'm missing anatomy when I am clearly not missing anatomy?

It may just be that when they switched all your info over to the checklist they overlooked the appropriate course on your transcript. Mine was showing that I was missing math credit. I emailed them and it was fixed within 24 hours. So long as you have the actual course on your transcript they should be able to fix it for you pretty quickly.

28 minutes ago, Mantenso said:

It may just be that when they switched all your info over to the checklist they overlooked the appropriate course on your transcript. Mine was showing that I was missing math credit. I emailed them and it was fixed within 24 hours. So long as you have the actual course on your transcript they should be able to fix it for you pretty quickly.

Okay thank you! I called admissions but just left a message. But it probably means I’m still waitlisted? I think they were supposed to meet this morning and I wasn’t able to see the pre req list yesterday... 

1 hour ago, Almortega said:

Okay thank you! I called admissions but just left a message. But it probably means I’m still waitlisted? I think they were supposed to meet this morning and I wasn’t able to see the pre req list yesterday... 

I also had a similar issue so i talked to admissions but also believe this is an issue for those of us who are on the alternate list (waitlisted)! Does anyone have any idea of how many are already accepted/how many may be on the waitlist already?

6 minutes ago, BDH273 said:

I also had a similar issue so i talked to admissions but also believe this is an issue for those of us who are on the alternate list (waitlisted)! Does anyone have any idea of how many are already accepted/how many may be on the waitlist already?

okay it just magically fixed itself... During the interview on Tuesday the 30th my interviewer was like there are 100 people with acceptances right now. He honestly kind of alluded to the fact that we might be interviewing for waitlist spots. They also said do not worry too much about the waitlist as we expect around 40 to 50 students to withdraw their acceptances before the start of the program.

1 minute ago, Almortega said:

okay it just magically fixed itself... During the interview on Tuesday the 30th my interviewer was like there are 100 people with acceptances right now. He honestly kind of alluded to the fact that we might be interviewing for waitlist spots. They also said do not worry too much about the waitlist as we expect around 40 to 50 students to withdraw their acceptances before the start of the program.

They have accepted over 100 people and have over 200 waitlisted. This was before the most recent interview too so those numbers have likely increased since the Jan 30 interview 

2 minutes ago, MountainsAndSkiing said:

They have accepted over 100 people and have over 200 waitlisted. This was before the most recent interview too so those numbers have likely increased since the Jan 30 interview 

I doubt they have increased. My interviewer was pretty confidant that there was only about 100 people with acceptances on Tuesday. i'm just wondering if they accepted anyone for the interviews this week.

8 minutes ago, Almortega said:

I doubt they have increased. My interviewer was pretty confidant that there was only about 100 people with acceptances on Tuesday. i'm just wondering if they accepted anyone for the interviews this week.

Someone on this forum posted early to mid-January that they talked to admissions and they said 100 accepted and 202 on the alternate list. I don't know if those numbers took into account the interviews at the beginning of the month and it (obviously) didnt include the interview on the 30th. I don't know how many people drop their acceptance daily, but I'm assuming its not that many. I could be totally wrong though!

Just now, MountainsAndSkiing said:

Someone on this forum posted early to mid-January that they talked to admissions and they said 100 accepted and 202 on the alternate list. I don't know if those numbers took into account the interviews at the beginning of the month and it (obviously) didnt include the interview on the 30th. I don't know how many people drop their acceptance daily, but I'm assuming its not that many. I could be totally wrong though!

Well the committee meets pretty quickly so i'm sure it included the interviews at the beginning of January. Also, The committee met today to talk about the interviews from January 29 and 30, so we should all hear a definite answer within a week of interviewing. That is how it has been for every interview so I think the 100 included the early January interview, as it would make sense because a committee member directly told me there were 100 acceptances during my interview on Tuesday.

I'm wondering if anyone interviewed did not have any change to their applicant checklist - meaning they could have been rejected - or if everyone interviewed is either accepted or waitlisted? 

I interviewed on Tuesday the 30th and now have a change on my applicant checklist, however I'm just trying to figure out realistically if that means I have a chance of being accepted at some point.

Has anyone actually seen something in their portal that says alternate list? I had the changes on my applicant checklist, but haven't received in email saying alternate list or rejected or anything and haven't seen it in my portal either, even though it seems like this is the case.

1 minute ago, PorscheFuture said:

I'm wondering if anyone interviewed did not have any change to their applicant checklist - meaning they could have been rejected - or if everyone interviewed is either accepted or waitlisted? 

I interviewed on Tuesday the 30th and now have a change on my applicant checklist, however I'm just trying to figure out realistically if that means I have a chance of being accepted at some point.

It's possible they haven't met yet? Or they moved the people they really liked this week to the top of the waitlist because it is definitely ranked they just will not tell you your ranking.

2 minutes ago, BDH273 said:

Has anyone actually seen something in their portal that says alternate list? I had the changes on my applicant checklist, but haven't received in email saying alternate list or rejected or anything and haven't seen it in my portal either, even though it seems like this is the case.

So it takes 24 hours for admissions to learn the results of the committee but the applicant portals are updated in real time. So if they met today admissions will not know of decisions until Monday and will not notify us until then. This was all said during the interview wrap-up on the 30th. Also I don't think the portals tell you if you are on the alternate list or not we will get a letter about it apparently.

8 minutes ago, BDH273 said:

I received the notification that I was put on the alternate list via snail mail! No change was made to my portal. Hope that helps! 

23 minutes ago, MountainsAndSkiing said:

I received the notification that I was put on the alternate list via snail mail! No change was made to my portal. Hope that helps! 

That does help thank you! I mean it would make sense for them not to accept anyone from these past interviews. Although it is unlikely what happens if all 100 accept their spot then they have more than their 90 limit which could pose a problem.

Just now, utpa17 said:

So just to clarify, if our pre-reqs pop up, that means we were wait listed? not possibly accepted? like has anyone had their pre-reqss pop up and end up getting accepted 

If you were accepted, you would see an accepted checklist in your portal.

4 minutes ago, PA1309 said:

If you were accepted, you would see an accepted checklist in your portal.

right, I get that. and I don't have that. meaning it's not like the admissions will pop up in a few days or anything like that. it's either accepted checklist or the pre-req thing

Archived