2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/9/2018 at 0:54 AM, PorscheFuture said:

For the ones who have received interviews in December and January, how many people are in these interviews (i.e. how many interviewees in the group)? I'm so excited that I went on the portal and found out I have an interview for the 30th!! Does anyone know the most recent numbers of how full the class is now? 

They have an app set up for all the accepted students and as of right now there are only 32 of us using it if that helps at all! 

21 hours ago, tcm123 said:

They have an app set up for all the accepted students and as of right now there are only 32 of us using it if that helps at all! 

Thanks so much for that information. That seems like a low number, but I'm sure there are more accepted students out there who are deciding between other programs. And a whoooole lot more on the waitlist already haha

57 minutes ago, mvick1590 said:

They told us Friday that the Jan 30th interview would be the last of the interviews they plan on having!

I hope I just kill it in the interview so I can stay in state. I have lived 10 minutes away from Midwestern for the past 14 years and went to their high school program back in the day so I'm so ecstatic I finally made the interview cut!! How did you find out that is the last group of interviews on Friday, did you call the admissions department or something?

1 minute ago, PorscheFuture said:

Thanks so much for that information. That seems like a low number, but I'm sure there are more accepted students out there who are deciding between other programs. And a whoooole lot more on the waitlist already haha

I hope I just kill it in the interview so I can stay in state. I have lived 10 minutes away from Midwestern for the past 14 years and went to their high school program back in the day so I'm so ecstatic I finally made the interview cut!! How did you find out that is the last group of interviews on Friday, did you call the admissions department or something?

I interviewed last Friday and they told us that we were originally going to be the last interview but that they decided to add one more date! 

47 minutes ago, PA1309 said:

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist this cycle? I tried reading through all of the pages in this thread but I might have missed someone (sorry!).

I got accepted off the waitlist back in December. I was put on it after my interview in October. I'm sure other people are still figuring out where to go, I know I am. 

4 minutes ago, haley2424 said:

I called admissions. There are 100 accepted (while people drop daily, even those who have made a deposit) and there are 202 on the alternate list. 

Wow! As someone that is on the alternate list, those numbers are super discouraging! It's like they are waitlisting everyone that interviewed that wasn't accepted right away. 

25 minutes ago, PorscheFuture said:

How can there be 100 accepted if there are 90 seats and more interviews to come? People really withdraw their acceptances that much? 

ya even schools that only have a class of 30 have a lot of withdraw. They have been doing this for a while so they probably know how many people they need to accept and how many need to be on the waitlist to be comfortable. Keep in mind a lot of people interview at multiple places and all schools have different acceptance time periods.

Just now, Almortega said:

Ya i'm sure of that but someone said that the Jan 30th interview was added last minute so I was thinking that they just added it to pad their waitlist.

I think a waitlist of 200 is padded enough. I think they want to accept their first choices before they bring people over from the waitlist. I saw current student post saying that about 20-30% of her class was accepted from the waitlist though. 

1 minute ago, haley2424 said:

I think a waitlist of 200 is padded enough. I think they want to accept their first choices before they bring people over from the waitlist. I saw current student post saying that about 20-30% of her class was accepted from the waitlist though. 

ya I mean there must be some reason why they thought they needed a Jan 29th interview!

I have also been invited to the interview on the 30th! I am hopeful although it seems that there is quite a waitlist already! I was just wondering if anyone knew if the interview process was still just a group interview of 3 people and 2 faculty members, or if there was also a writing sample or anything else like some other schools do?

2 hours ago, BDH273 said:

I have also been invited to the interview on the 30th! I am hopeful although it seems that there is quite a waitlist already! I was just wondering if anyone knew if the interview process was still just a group interview of 3 people and 2 faculty members, or if there was also a writing sample or anything else like some other schools do?

Group interview, 3 candidates and 2 faculty members - it goes by super quickly! If I remember correctly, we had some informational sessions and a tour before the interviews, then a break for complimentary lunch at the cafeteria, and a Q&A with current first year students. No writing sample or anything else scary like that.
Make sure you eat a good breakfast, it is a long day despite being over in the early afternoon :) Best of luck!

Archived