2017-2018 Application Cycle

3 minutes ago, utpa17 said:

right, I get that. and I don't have that. meaning it's not like the admissions will pop up in a few days or anything like that. it's either accepted checklist or the pre-req thing

You can email them about your status, but it seems to be that if people were waitlisted, they either got pre-req checklist populated or nothing in their portal. The people that got accepted immediately had an accepted checklist, rather than the pre-req checklist.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PA1309 said:

You can email them about your status, but it seems to be that if people were waitlisted, they either got pre-req checklist populated or nothing in their portal. The people that got accepted immediately had an accepted checklist, rather than the pre-req checklist.

okay thank you! I was just trying to clarify all of that & if that was like a for sure thing that would happen 

12 minutes ago, Almortega said:

Hey guys I had something pop in my portal that asked me to confirm my address. Did anyone else have this happen? Is it so they can send me a waitlist letter? :/ 

I have had this happen twice, so far. Once right after my interview in early January, and again today. Not sure why.

12 minutes ago, Almortega said:

Hey guys I had something pop in my portal that asked me to confirm my address. Did anyone else have this happen? Is it so they can send me a waitlist letter? :/ 

I had that pop up when I asked them to update my address in their system. So it is probably just to confirm that the address is correct. I wouldn't make assumptions for what it actually means though. Could be nothing and could be that you were waitlisted. Mine was nothing cause I already gout my waitlist letter at that point. 

Hey guys I just spoke to admissions, I am currently on the alternate list.  They did not accept anyone from the january 29 and 30 interviews. They have 95 deposits but 96 total acceptances. They are expecting people to drop out. Also the accepted student app only has 45 active students so it sounds like some people may not have decided on where to go yet. Just thought I would update everyone on the class stats so far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 0:44 PM, Almortega said:

Hey guys I just spoke to admissions, I am currently on the alternate list.  They did not accept anyone from the january 29 and 30 interviews. They have 95 deposits but 96 total acceptances. They are expecting people to drop out. Also the accepted student app only has 45 active students so it sounds like some people may not have decided on where to go yet. Just thought I would update everyone on the class stats so far.

Do we have any idea of how many people may be on the alternate list? 

5 minutes ago, Aivlys89 said:

They sent a text out about starting to accept people from the alternate list.  Did anyone get an acceptance?

Interesting. I did not get this text. It just said they were pulling people from the alternate list? Maybe the people who got it are on the short list or something?

7 minutes ago, PA1309 said:

Interesting. I did not get this text. It just said they were pulling people from the alternate list? Maybe the people who got it are on the short list or something?

It might also depend on when you interviewed? I called last Thursday and they said they hadn’t had anyone decline their spot that week. 

51 minutes ago, MountainsAndSkiing said:

I just talked to admissions and they have pulled a couple people off of the alternate list.

They said the text message sent out was to a handful of people that will be pulled off the list first. So if you got a text you're in the top handful of the alternate list. 

Thanks for clarifying.

I had received the text 2/21 and then on 3/1 I received a phone call to be offered a seat off the alternate list. However, I declined this seat since I am attending elsewhere. So they are calling people off the alternate list and I would assume it would be those that had received the text previously. Hope someone else enjoys my seat!

7 hours ago, PAtoday said:

I received a text message today (3/8) saying that they "started offering acceptances to applicants on the Alternate List." Did anyone else receive this message that was not in the first batch of messages sent?

I received that text last Friday (3/2) and was offered a seat in the program on Tuesday (3/6)!

Archived