Barry University 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, curley08 said:

I applied back in August and have not heard anything from the committee. Hopefully hear something soon.

Don't quit yet!

I applied in mid May and just got an email to interview today. I withdrew my application due to an acceptance at my top choice. So hopefully someone here gets that chance! 

I was almost sure I was rejected again but those interview invites always seem to pop up out of nowhere.

14 minutes ago, JD2012 said:

Don't quit yet!

I applied in mid May and just got an email to interview today. I withdrew my application due to an acceptance at my top choice. So hopefully someone here gets that chance! 

I was almost sure I was rejected again but those interview invites always seem to pop up out of nowhere.

Wow! It took that long to hear something? That is crazy. Well that's some good positive news. Thank you for the info and by chance would you mind sharing some of your stats when you applied?

2 minutes ago, curley08 said:

Wow! It took that long to hear something? That is crazy. Well that's some good positive news. Thank you for the info and by chance would you mind sharing some of your stats when you applied?

I still have about 4 more schools I have to hear from and all of my apps were done and submitted mid-May.

Here is a link to my stats.

On 6/1/2017 at 8:19 PM, Vsinrt said:

Applied to the St. Pete program a week ago. Waiting g to hear back soon. It's my first time applying and hopefully I get in.

Update: I had my interview on October 26th, and was offered a position in the program. With many hours of deliberation, I ended up turning down their offer and accepting my opportunity in the MD program at Ross University. Good luck to everyone!

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, curley08 said:

How were your stats?

Hi!

cumulative gpa: 3.4

cumulative science: 3.1

Total patient care hours: ~3,000 as EMT-B and Medical Assistant (departments: ER, Urgent care, Family Med, Internal Med, and currently in Ortho)

total health care hours: ~400 as Medical Assistant and Patient support Associate

I have done volunteer work in Honduras and Nicaragua (about total of 160 hours). I have also done volunteer work in my local community health clinics (about 200 hours)

Shadowing an ER PA about 60 hours, and I currently work alongside a PA in my job as an MA.

I have had several leadership positions for various organizations throughout undergraduate, such as Autism Speaks, AMSA, South Asian Student Alliance, and more.

This is just a rough idea of my stats! Let me know if I can help in any other way! Good luck :)

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:39 PM, medlabscientist said:

I wouldn't say so, not unless they have filled up the classes at all of the campuses with people who submitted their applications super early. I say that because I applied to 9 schools, and received interviews at 8 of them; the exception is Barry. My CASPA verified 06/12, and I still have yet to hear anything from Barry regarding an interview invitation or a rejection. Barry was at the bottom of my list as far as ranking and competitiveness of the schools I applied to. I'm not sure how they go about inviting candidates to interview, but I am not sure it is as consistent as other schools...

I have not heard anything either and submitted about the same time as you.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, interviewing, or on the waitlist. I hope you to see you all this summer!  I have been accepted and will be attending at the Miami Campus this August 2018!! I was wondering if anyone knows if any kind of Facebook group has been started for the students of the upcoming class (Miami Campus)? Thanks!

3 hours ago, jsepp said:

Has anyone else whos been accepted gotten anymore updates or been contacted since completing the background check?  Its been super difficult to get in contact with Michelle Spence or really any of their staff. 

I also have yet to hear anything since completing the background check. I had to redo my fingerprints due to low quality prints the first time, and Michele reached out to me then to confirm that American DataBank was requesting new fingerprints. I have not heard from anyone since re-submitting the prints. Which campus will you be attending? 

On 1/2/2018 at 8:57 PM, UTMA91 said:

Good luck to everyone still waiting, interviewing, or on the waitlist. I hope you to see you all this summer!  I have been accepted and will be attending at the Miami Campus this August 2018!! I was wondering if anyone knows if any kind of Facebook group has been started for the students of the upcoming class (Miami Campus)? Thanks!

Congrats!! I asked Michelle and she said the Facebook group won’t be created until later in the cycle when they have a better idea of the final cohort. 

18 hours ago, curley08 said:

From the time that we receive an email from Michelle stating that our application has been received and under review by admissions, how long does it generally take to hear any word back on your app. status (rough estimate)?

Thank you.   

I received the application under review email 10/25 and an interview invitation 11/28. Hope that helps!

On 1/8/2018 at 11:18 AM, sjs88 said:

Any advice from anyone that has interviewed for St Pete on what to expect? Are there both group and individual interviews and is there an essay portion? I have my interview this Friday 1/12 so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck on your interview today! The interview in St. Pete includes both group and individual interviews, but no essay. Take advantage of each question/ conversation to make the points you want to highlight about yourself. The time goes by quickly! 

Archived