Barry University 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/23/2017 at 0:08 PM, medlabscientist said:

I would think they have, but I’m not positive. I feel like I submitted my application pretty early, but perhaps not? Out of 9 schools, this is the only one I haven’t heard back from. 

On 10/23/2017 at 9:57 AM, asteggy said:

I haven't heard anything either! Do you know if they've had any interviews for the st. Croix campus yet? 

I had an interview with St. croix back in september but it was canceled due to the hurricane. They're now doing interviews in miami and the first one is nov 4th 

Hey everyone- 

Stay positive! My application was completed on July 12th for St. Petes campus, and I heard back today that my application is under process! Most universities start making final decisions around late January (from what I'm seeing at least, and those candidates receiving acceptance right after an interview are very special candidates!). Also some schools pack in several interview groups in a short amount of time rather than one session per month all fall. 

Sit tight, the waiting game is just beginning... there is the waiting after the interview too- which is even harder to get through! 

Hope this helps some people. Moral of the story is they are reviewing your application, just sit tight!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, longhornalum said:

I applied back in June and no interview yet :/ have the sent out rejections? Should I just assume that it's a no go for me? 

Hey! I just had my interview Friday and I had sent in my application early June. They basically said that this would possibly be the last interview for this year, but they are still going to be doing some more next year. There's still a chance because they're still filling up the class and a lot of people give up their spot and they do pull people from the wait list. Idk if they sent out rejections yet, but don't lose hope!

Hey! I just had my interview Friday and I had sent in my application early June. They basically said that this would possibly be the last interview for this year, but they are still going to be doing some more next year. There's still a chance because they're still filling up the class and a lot of people give up their spot and they do pull people from the wait list. Idk if they sent out rejections yet, but don't lose hope!

Did you interview for St Pete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been accepted into this program but have a couple questions that I'm hoping a current student could answer. I'm unsure if this page is the best place to post this or not. If there are any current Barry University, St. Pete campus PA students willing to answer a couple questions I would greatly appreciate it. My email is: lillianquimby@gmail.com 

Thank you so much! 

31 minutes ago, longhornalum said:

Is it safe to say that the people who haven’t received any email regarding interview are rejected? I hope they’re still doing interviews 

I wouldn't say so, not unless they have filled up the classes at all of the campuses with people who submitted their applications super early. I say that because I applied to 9 schools, and received interviews at 8 of them; the exception is Barry. My CASPA verified 06/12, and I still have yet to hear anything from Barry regarding an interview invitation or a rejection. Barry was at the bottom of my list as far as ranking and competitiveness of the schools I applied to. I'm not sure how they go about inviting candidates to interview, but I am not sure it is as consistent as other schools...

6 hours ago, longhornalum said:

Is it safe to say that the people who haven’t received any email regarding interview are rejected? I hope they’re still doing interviews 

I have an interview invitation for January 12th so don’t lose hope yet! According to their website they interview through March and final decisions will be made by April. My application was verified June 16th and I just got the interview invitation November 28th, if that’s any help. It definitely seems like it’s taking them longer than other programs to process applications.

Archived