Barry University 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have applied to the St Croix campus...would love to connect to others who have as well...abweeks@live.com.

My husband and I visited the island and campus a couple of months ago. The staff was amazing. Spoke with me for an hour even though I just dropped by. Hoping and praying for the opportunity...even have a condo picked out:).

10 minutes ago, medlabscientist said:

When did you hear back about your interview last year?

I got offered the interview in mid January and interviewed at the end of January. Found out about the waitlist a few days later. I was one of the later interviews, but there were still three after mine I believe. 

19 hours ago, abp_520 said:

Prayers are with current students at the Barry FL and St. Croix campuses. I'm so sorry this hurricane is happening. I'm wondering how the rescheduling will affect our admissions. Do we lose our place in line for acceptance offers? 

I received an email yesterday from Michelle Spence stating that interviews at all campuses were cancelled for September 8th. I applied to St. Petersburg. I am also wondering how this affects our "place" in the admissions process?  

On 9/6/2017 at 6:21 AM, Maf17 said:

I received an email yesterday from Michelle Spence stating that interviews at all campuses were cancelled for September 8th. I applied to St. Petersburg. I am also wondering how this affects our "place" in the admissions process?  

I interview on the 22nd of Sept and wonder how the hurricane will affect my interview as well?  I tried reaching Michelle, but got an automated message saying Barry U. was closed and I wouldn't receive a response till they reopen.  Is there any sort of phone number to call to get any information?  (I'm assuming that no-one is at any of the campuses, so those numbers listed are irrelevant.) 

On 9/7/2017 at 11:17 AM, abcamfield12 said:

I interview on the 22nd of Sept and wonder how the hurricane will affect my interview as well?  I tried reaching Michelle, but got an automated message saying Barry U. was closed and I wouldn't receive a response till they reopen.  Is there any sort of phone number to call to get any information?  (I'm assuming that no-one is at any of the campuses, so those numbers listed are irrelevant.) 

I am also interviewing on the 22nd! I have called, left voicemails, and emailed.. I haven't heard anything back. I am flying out there on Wednesday so I am hoping to hear from them soon so I know if I need to cancel flights and hotel rooms. Have you heard anything? 

24 minutes ago, PAhopefulCO said:

Barry will open back up on Tuesday September 19th. Hopefully Michelle will get in touch with you all then!

Thank you for the information! Do you have any insight on how this will affect our place in the admissions cycle for those of us who were supposed to have interviewed already? 

1 minute ago, PAhopefulCO said:

I'm a '19 at the stx campus. I have no idea how it will affect your place for interviews. I'm sure they'll get in contact with you soon. It's been a trying couple of weeks for all campuses. 

I really appreciate you letting me know! Does the island have a lot of damage and/or does the school have damage? 

On 9/15/2017 at 7:50 AM, karhorn said:

I am also interviewing on the 22nd! I have called, left voicemails, and emailed.. I haven't heard anything back. I am flying out there on Wednesday so I am hoping to hear from them soon so I know if I need to cancel flights and hotel rooms. Have you heard anything? 

I haven't heard anything either.  If they don't open up till Tuesday, that's going to be an extremely quick turnaround to make it down there for an interview.  My initial accommodations were cancelled and I haven't rescheduled any since I haven't heard anything from Barry. Nothing like scrambling last minute! :)  

8 hours ago, abcamfield12 said:

I haven't heard anything either.  If they don't open up till Tuesday, that's going to be an extremely quick turnaround to make it down there for an interview.  My initial accommodations were cancelled and I haven't rescheduled any since I haven't heard anything from Barry. Nothing like scrambling last minute! :)  

Tell me about it! haha 

This is totally out of their control but what a sucky time for all these dang hurricanes! I saw that there is a tropical storm that is going to hit St. Croix on Wednesday... this doesn't look promising.

12 hours ago, karhorn said:

Tell me about it! haha 

This is totally out of their control but what a sucky time for all these dang hurricanes! I saw that there is a tropical storm that is going to hit St. Croix on Wednesday... this doesn't look promising.

Just got an e-mail from Michelle, September 22nd interviews have been cancelled.  She will be contacting us once things at the University get back to normal.   

Super bummed! Had an interview at the St. Pete campus on the 22nd, it was looking promising since I'd yet to hear anything, but just got that cancellation email... Was ready to just get it over with, now I'm freaking out about the new date being so "in the air". Hopefully they are lenient in regards to those of us with other interviews scheduled/vacations for the holidays. Going to be a crazy few months. #thanksobirma 

On 7/31/2017 at 6:01 PM, abp_520 said:

Just got an interview invite for September! I almost didn't apply to this school again this year because I thought I had zero chance. But this goes to show that everyone should always have a little more faith in themselves even when you're the under dog! I know it's only an interview, but this is is the first interview invite i've received after applying to 10 schools last year, and 13 this year. 

cGPA 3.26 sGPA 3.28

Good luck to all !!!

Congratulations!!! Had you applied to barry last year as well?

Archived