Barry University 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, curley08 said:

Yes that helps. So about a month. Thank you so much. Do you mind sharing your stats with me?

3.83 overall GPA and 3.84 science

GRE 159 verbal, 147 quant and 4.0 writing 

I didn’t have any direct shadowing or volunteer hours but I did have 8 years of HCE

I interviewed at St. Pete 10/13 and accepted the invitation to attend 10/18. I agree that communication has been very here and there with the program. I am actually from Boston and will most likely need to be finding a place in the St. Petersburg area, if anyone is in a similar predicament let me know!! :)

On 1/20/2018 at 4:09 PM, asteggy said:

Still nothing from the St. Croix campus?? 

Current student here with the STX 19 cohort. Barry shut down the STX campus permanently after Hurricane Maria, and we were all relocated to Miami. They only interviewed a handful of STX applicants from CASPA to be seated in Miami's campus. I apologize that I had to be the one to inform you guys. Best of luck with the rest of your applications!

10 hours ago, adup95 said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you applied? I applied to Miami back in August, but still haven't received a single email from them... 

I applied beginning of July, so they may be just getting to the August applications! But I have a 3.6 gpa with about 3000 hours of PCE/60 hours of shadowing as well as some volunteer hours. 

• 3 weeks later...

On July 21 I received an email that my application was being processed. I have not heard anything else since then. I have called multiple times and every time I get the same response, “When your status changes, whether invited for an interview or not admitted, you will hear from us via email.” So, I guess no news is good news? However, I’ve basically given up hope on that. I applied to the Miami campus. 

11 hours ago, Viking15 said:

I also just received an email that my application is being processed; I submitted in late July. I applied to St. Pete..Any updates on class in St. Petersburg..?

I applied to st Pete campus as well at the end of June and got that email the end of December. Wondering the same! Good luck 

On 2/8/2018 at 6:12 PM, Capita98 said:

I just received an email that my application is being processed, but I submitted in early August. Probably not too many seats left at this point though huh?

I am in the same boat as you. I submitted back in August and received and email that my app. was under review back in early January and still have not heard anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived