2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mash--what can you tell us about the program? What can we expect? Are your days extremely long?

Also, if you have a moment, could you talk about the housing situation? Where do you/some of the other students live? Benicia? Mate island?

Any and all information is appreciated!!

@heisman1979 - expect a LOT of work. We're usually in class in the morning and at night. I, personally, use any breaks to get schoolwork done.

A lot of the students do live on Mare Island and like it a lot. Forgot something at home? Just run and get it. However, there is almost nothing on the island besides houses. Some students live in Benicia, some in Vallejo, and come commute. 

I live in Vallejo, and I really like being able to feel like I leave school every night. However, you really have to be careful where you live in Vallejo - some areas are pretty scary. We chose to live in a gated community to feel a bit safer. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi everyone,

I just received an invite for the supplemental today, 11/9 (submitted my app on 8/20 if that helps anyone), and I'm just trying to gauge whether I should continue with the process or not. I saw that a lot of you who have already interviewed are waitlisted, so the chances of submitting a supplemental AND getting an interview AND THEN getting an acceptance looks pretty slim. Any thoughts on those who are going/have gone through this process? I know that TUC's interviews last until May, but still...

Any input would be greatly appreciated! 

Just got an interview invite for 11/30 this evening!  I'll admit I was losing hope (submitted my app July and secondary late august) and I was completely surprised! 

@prepa107 They said there are interviews into early spring so I would definitely submit the supplemental and stay positive!

If anyone would like to meet the night before, please feel free to message me.  It's always nice going into an interview knowing a familiar face!

I interviewed yesterday.  Really awesome faculty and an overall great experience!

To all who are waiting to hear, they made a comment yesterday that they are on rolling admissions and are still reviewing applications.  They will be sending invites well into the spring for interviews. Stay positive!

I interviewed yesterday.  Really awesome faculty and an overall great experience!

To all who are waiting to hear, they made a comment yesterday that they are on rolling admissions and are still reviewing applications.  They will be sending invites well into the spring for interviews. Stay positive!

Thanks for the update!!! I hope you hear from them soon about an acceptance!!!

I interviewed back in early November and got a rejection email the next day. 

I interviewed with a lot of good people. 

Congratulations to you all that got interviews. Everyone else who hasn't got one yet don't panic. If you applied to 12 schools or less i am sure you'll get in one of them for sure.

Good luck everyone

Congrats to all accepted so far! Touro is an amazing school, my top choice.

Here's my question: It sounds like there is a "medium alternate waitlist" and a "low alternate waitlist" based on prior posts. Does anyone know if they are also utilizing a "high alternate waitlist" right now and or can confirm that they are on it?

Also, if any current applicants or current students can elaborate on this specific "waitlist" process and how that is utilized through the rest of our application cycle that would be really great. It is my understanding that almost all applicants are accepted from the interview process and generally-speaking not from the waitlist. In other words, seems like Touro doesn't do a "committee hold" and pull about, for example 40% from their waitlist, like some of the east coast PA schools do... please correct me if I'm wrong though!

Any feedback on this would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Archived