2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

During the last interview did they speak in more detail about how they plan to finalize the class and if they plan to utilize the wait list in the coming month(s)? Thanks and good luck to all!

They stated that they will be letting those of us who interviewed yesterday know our status in the next 2-4 weeks. Along with making decisions about the final interviewees, they will be finalizing the ranking of their waitlist. It was mentioned that individuals could be accepted from the waitlist at any time (one week before classes begin was the absolute latest that a student was notified in the past) but that it is more likely for someone to be accepted from the waitlist around the time the second deposit is due (May 15th).

Hey everyone! I was put on medium wait list back in November, I am pleased to say that I have been accepted off the list! It was sent through snail mail. Touro seems like a great place, but I have been accepted into one of my top choices so I will be declining my seat. Hope this gives all the wait listers some hope! Good Luck to everyone!

I received notice on 4/11 that I'm on the low wait list, exactly a week after interviewing. When I interviewed it was mentioned that only about 5 people make it off the wait list. I see that @socalguy24 you received a letter of acceptance in the mail. How long after the wait list email did you get the acceptance letter in your mailbox?

Hey everyone! I was put on medium wait list back in November, I am pleased to say that I have been accepted off the list! It was sent through snail mail. Touro seems like a great place, but I have been accepted into one of my top choices so I will be declining my seat. Hope this gives all the wait listers some hope! Good Luck to everyone!

So you received usps mail accepting you after being placed on the wait list? How long after the email stating you were on the wait list before the acceptance letter came? Did you contact anyone at Touro and also, did you add anything to your file?

Thank you

So you received usps mail accepting you after being placed on the wait list? How long after the email stating you were on the wait list before the acceptance letter came? Did you contact anyone at Touro and also, did you add anything to your file?

Thank you

I interviewed November and was wait listed a few days after. Acceptance letter was postmarked April 13th 2016. 

I wrote a thank you letter and updated them periodically. 

I interviewed November and was wait listed a few days after. Acceptance letter was postmarked April 13th 2016.

I wrote a thank you letter and updated them periodically.

Do you mind giving an example of the periodic updates you sent? I sent a letter from one of the MPH supervisors I work with in clinical research. I hope it helps but I'm on the low wait list. I'm hoping there are low wait listers that have made it off of it. I interviewed 4/4 do you think it's too late to send a TY note?

Thank you! Also congrats on getting into your choice.

Do you mind giving an example of the periodic updates you sent? I sent a letter from one of the MPH supervisors I work with in clinical research. I hope it helps but I'm on the low wait list. I'm hoping there are low wait listers that have made it off of it. I interviewed 4/4 do you think it's too late to send a TY note?

Thank you! Also congrats on getting into your choice.

Thanks!  For the periodic updates I just basically listed anything new I had done (additional HCE/volunteer/shadowing hours, grades for classes, etc) and emphasized how much I had enjoyed my time at Touro and that they were definitely one of my top choices.  For the TY note, I think I didn't send one until a few weeks after I interviewed so it's definitely not too late.  

Hi all! I'm planning to apply this cycle for Class of 2020. For those who were accepted or waitlisted, can you share you stats like cumulative and science gpa, gre score? I see that the minimum gpa requirement is 2.75 for both cumulative and science! Any info is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance. 

Thanks! For the periodic updates I just basically listed anything new I had done (additional HCE/volunteer/shadowing hours, grades for classes, etc) and emphasized how much I had enjoyed my time at Touro and that they were definitely one of my top choices. For the TY note, I think I didn't send one until a few weeks after I interviewed so it's definitely not too late.

Thanks @socalguy24 I appreciate the help. I definitely am going to send out cards and updates. Hope this helps. I appreciate the information!

Archived