UF Class of 2017 Applicants

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did

"Please note that as an alternate, your probability of being offered a seat in the class depends entirely on whether any of the 60 who have already been offered seats in the entering class decide to go elsewhere or have an extenuating circumstance that prevents their attending our program this year. In the past we have gone rather deep into the alternate pool, but it all depends on the responses of the original 60."

Class of 2011 went 6 "deep". Class of 2012 went 17 deep. It varies from year to year on the whim of those accepted. You can't gauge your odds based on another year's class. There will be a lot of people on the wait list who do not get in. Probably greater 1/2 to 3/4 or more won't get in. But there is still hope - you just have to wait it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good luck on your UF application!!
If you are looking for application hints and advice, the American Assoc of Surgical PAs is hosting a Pre-PA seminar Jan 23 in Orlando. Bring your CASPA essay to be reviewed, meet mentors for shadoing, admissions advisors, etc!

here are the links:

https://www.facebook.com/events/354450048044671/

http://aaspa.com/page.asp?tid=190&name=2014-AASPA-Pre-PA-Meeting&navid=9

thanks and good luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking into how deep they have gone in the wait list so far this year.  I know they have not officially formed the class yet so its safe to say they have not recieved confirmation from all 60 students they have picked.  Even after the class is formed there will be a few changes.  There were at least 3-4 changes after that initial list was made for the 2015 class. Each class is different of course but thats a generally what happens as people make other decisions.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived