Anyone Applied this cycle

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats everyone on early acceptances!  Question - When do we find out we're on the alt list? Prob the same time we possibly hear a rejection by March I'm assuming?

Yeah you will hear about the Alternate list around the march time.  Just be positive and believe that you will be on the acceptance list.

So the correct question is- when do we find out we're being accepted?

Good luck to all.

Hey all,

Is anyone else interviewing on march 5th, also I am not from CA so any CA residents can u tell me about the means of transportation, will I need to rent an car or are there public transportation to and from campus or ONT airport?? Also since I am there for interview I am planning to spend a day to explore the near by areas and places so any suggestions?? 

Good luck to all.

Thanks. 

Hey all,

Is anyone else interviewing on march 5th, also I am not from CA so any CA residents can u tell me about the means of transportation, will I need to rent an car or are there public transportation to and from campus or ONT airport?? Also since I am there for interview I am planning to spend a day to explore the near by areas and places so any suggestions?? 

Good luck to all.

Thanks. 

There were some people in my interview group that took the taxi, but if you want to explore California, which I think you definitely should, then I suggest renting a car. There is also public transportation, but that wastes time waiting for the bus and all. If you only have a day, then drive. 

Hey all,

Good luck to all.

Thanks. 

I rented a car and drove to CA from a diff state. After my interview I went to Universal studios and went on a Hollywood tour through Beverly Hills - I love Cali. I'm from the south originally so it was an experience - very beautiful place. I arrived during the forest fire so that was cool as well. 

I would rent a car though - I heard public transportation isn't good and also car it's just easier overall/safer IMO. - traffic was horrible - literally took 2 hours each time from LA back to Pomona/Upland to my motel. 

I flew into LAX (much cheaper for me) and used FlightCar ($50 for 28 hours). I drove around LA, checking out Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and West LA. It took me 45 minutes to drive to WesternU during the late afternoon on a weekday and I really enjoyed the drive. Make sure you have GPS!

There were some people in my interview group that took the taxi, but if you want to explore California, which I think you definitely should, then I suggest renting a car. There is also public transportation, but that wastes time waiting for the bus and all. If you only have a day, then drive. 

@Elmers thanks for the info, I am def looking forward to explore CA!!

@Torshi thank u!!! Ya I am thinking of going to explore the place since will have abt 2 days to be in CA, if you dont mind me asking did u go on a hollywood tour through beverly hills via touristguide site?? If u did so can u share the site or link to get additional details.. 

Good luck to u!! :)

@Torshi thank u!!! Ya I am thinking of going to explore the place since will have abt 2 days to be in CA, if you dont mind me asking did u go on a hollywood tour through beverly hills via touristguide site?? If u did so can u share the site or link to get additional details.. 

Good luck to u!! :)

I picked up  a pamphlet for a discount on tour guides plus visiting the wax museum and other stuff for relatively cheap. I showed them the pamphlet when I got there. - the pamphlet was on the rack at the motel I stayed for the week. When I drove to Hollywood blvd and parked my rental car ($20). I walked down the street and found the tour guide people. I presented them the pamphlet and got my discount - I think the name of the company was starline CITY PASS was the discount - I believe you can print it out as well. They took me to the waiting area for the tour guide car. They took us around Beverly Hills - showed us famous homes mixed with history and went up into the mountains etc. I saw Caesar Milan from the Dog Whisperer on Rodeo Drive lol

Thank you and good luck to you!. 

Edit: http://www.citypass.com/hollywood/starline-tours

I just received notice my application is still under consideration. did anyone in the bottom (I'm pretty sure I'm bottom tier) GPA tiers get an interview? I don't know if they really mean my app is still under consideration or if this is standard and they haven't sent out any denial notices yet :( I'm so anxious I hate this!!

I just received notice my application is still under consideration. did anyone in the bottom (I'm pretty sure I'm bottom tier) GPA tiers get an interview? I don't know if they really mean my app is still under consideration or if this is standard and they haven't sent out any denial notices yet :( I'm so anxious I hate this!!

@ Corrny- I was getting that email monthly as well but last month I received a denial so I think you really are still under consideration :) Best of luck!

What does it mean when Karen wrote "Please keep in mind that when you interview does not increase or decrease your chances of being admitted?"

I think it just means that anyone offered an interview has an equal chance of being accepted. As in, they don't give more preference to the people who were invited for an interview early on in the cycle as to those who interviewed in the end. 

Archived