Anyone Applied this cycle

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year I applied, but got accepted to another school. I sent my caspa application on May 24 and got a email from Western in Nov for interviews that start in Jan for the first rounds of interviews. So you guys are going to have a long wait. I would send updated transcripts to your counselor as time goes on. I did this after taking summer and fall classes.

Last year I applied, but got accepted to another school. I sent my caspa application on May 24 and got a email from Western in Nov for interviews that start in Jan for the first rounds of interviews. So you guys are going to have a long wait. I would send updated transcripts to your counselor as time goes on. I did this after taking summer and fall classes.

Thanks for the suggestion! I have several classes still in progress, so I will definitely be sending updated transcripts. Where did you end up going?

Hi everyone. I just received an email from Western today. It says after initial review the admissions committee has opted to continue to review my application for Fall 2014 class.

It says the committee will extend invitations for interview from December through early March and they will contact by email and/or phone.They will update monthly on the status of application until a final decision has been reached. A final status message should be received by March 15.

Good Luck to everyone!

Hi everyone. I just received an email from Western today. It says after initial review the admissions committee has opted to continue to review my application for Fall 2014 class.

It says the committee will extend invitations for interview from December through early March and they will contact by email and/or phone.They will update monthly on the status of application until a final decision has been reached. A final status message should be received by March 15.

Good Luck to everyone!

Did anybody else receive an email like this?

For the supplemental application for Western where it says: Please describe your involvement in any type of

community service (non-medical or medical).

How did you guys format this section? One paragraph for each volunteer activity? Or more of a bullet point style? Did you just discuss your duties or how in depth did you go, was that redundant with what you put on CASPA?

I'm just asking because they want it to be less than a page...

I used the submit button and got a reply from EDS saying that I had submitted it.

I also received an email from Western saying that they weren't accepting any of my classes from either my bachelor's degree or my master's degree for English 101. So, I'm enrolling in English 101 in the fall.

My point being that they are currently reviewing applications, so I imagine people will be getting confirmations of complete applications soon.

• 3 weeks later...
For the supplemental application for Western where it says: Please describe your involvement in any type of

community service (non-medical or medical).

How did you guys format this section? One paragraph for each volunteer activity? Or more of a bullet point style? Did you just discuss your duties or how in depth did you go, was that redundant with what you put on CASPA?

I'm just asking because they want it to be less than a page...

Does it have to be current community service? Can it be something recent?

All of the volunteer activities that I am involved with are current but I think they want you to put all of your volunteer work.

So did you basically rewrote what you put on your CASPA? I was just thinking of writing a paragraph for each volunteer activity that I had.

Archived